Will being healthy always be just a dream for me?

Options
Hello All

My name is Monica, middle name Lupita hence the username :p I have 3 kids and this is probably my 1,0000,0000,0000,000 time trying to lose weight. :(

Little background info:
I was involved in a domestic violence relationship for 11 years. During my time in that relationship food was my go to. Food made me feel happy, safe, valued and so many other things I was not getting in that relationship. I quickly went from 150 pounds to 284!

Up to this moment:
I have tried so many diet pills, workout trends, food diets and nothing has worked for me. I will lose about 10 pounds and then gain it all back. At the moment I have decided to try the Keto Diet (for the health benefits it offers) but am slowly getting use to counting macros and understanding all that lingo. Sometimes just trying to understand that lingo gives me a headache.

I would like to get to 150 pounds again. My goal for the end of the year is to be at 200 pounds.

I would really like friends that are not judgement, but can motivate and help with some of the health lingo I will try to comprehend at times. I love to motivate people and follow up with others on their goals. If that sounds like something you would like please add me. :)

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm also a domestic violence survivor and my weight when I was with him was over 234lbs. I'm 5'0". After finally escaping him, I was able to lose over 100lbs and keep it off for a few years until I got remarried and decided to become lazy. I didn't count, track or exercise and put on 65lbs. I'm back again as well.

Do you track your calories? I know you said you're doing Keto but remember, calories in versus calories out is what will cause weight loss, even in a keto diet. My advice is to log everything, be sure to get a good food scale and weigh your foods (measure liquids), try to move as much as you can on a daily basis and don't beat yourself up if you go over you calories sometimes. Just log it and move on.

Feel free to add me as well :)
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Moni_Lupita
    Moni_Lupita Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @indigoblue9572 i am tracking and counting. Thank you for your kind words
  • Moni_Lupita
    Moni_Lupita Posts: 4 Member
    Options