HRM

Options
I'm hoping to buy a HRM within the next few weeks. I know I need one with a chest strap. I want something that shows calories burned. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love my Sportsline 1025, it does me well. My friend had a Polar F7 which is also very awesome. Either one of those would work great.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Polar FT4 after doing research for 2 months. There's the Polar FT7 too which is more expensive and has a few extra features, but for a basic starting HRM I'd recommend the FT4! I love mine so far. :heart: Does everything I need it to.
  • JHunter75
    JHunter75 Posts: 14
    Options
    I think it depends on your budget. Polar makes a great product. Personally, I've been saving for a Garmin Forerunner 210. It's a bit spendy at $250 (USD), but the breadth of information it gives you (distance, GPS positioning, pace, calories burned, HR, and much more... all downloadable to your computer for tracking) is amazing! Admittedly, it's overkill, but I'm a toy geek. :happy:
  • Petunia32
    Petunia32 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and love it, however they are now discontinued. I think the equiv to that is an FT6, or the next one up is an FT7. My SIL has an FT7 and it's massive compared to my F6, which is fine for her as she's big boned, however my wrists and hands are tiny and it would feel far to clunky for me. Hers supposedly does more stuff too, however we only ever use the same functions so that wouldn't make a difference for us. I pretty much just record calorie burn and that's it, nothing else. It works fantastically for that and I have no issues with it or the wearlink strap.
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    just bought a timex from amazon for under $40, used it for the first time tonight and i loved it. it comes with the chest strap, easy to set up, tells calories burned and average HR. Great buy!

Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports... $38.85
  • GeeRover
    GeeRover Posts: 8
    Options
    Just picked up a polar ft7 for about 75 @ amazon. I choose it because it uses a number of perimeters (height, weight, age, max heart rate) to calculate calories burned which I feel is a more accurate estimate. It works well and the calculated calories aren't outrageous (my wife has a timex that was reporting up to 1200 calories burned for 30 mins on a recumbent and 2k rowing for me). It stores 99 prior workouts and breaks everything down by workout or by the last week. Plus if u feel like it later u can put $50 down for a polar flow link which will upload ur data to polar. Hope that helps.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump =D