Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mindfully Addicted to MyFitnessPal - Healthier than ever at 59 1/2

kenalex57
kenalex57 Posts: 2 Member
I just wanted to Thank you for helping me on my journey to health and fitness! I have been using MyFitnessPal since June of 2012. I weighed over 270 lbs then, with sleep apnea, reflux, pre- diabetes, etc etc. All that is gone now! MyFitnessPal helped me lose over 100 lbs (currently down 107 lbs) and gave me the mechanism to track and monitor and keep my weight off. Add in the exercise (powerlifting, running, and biking), and I've never been healthier or stronger at 59 years old! Last Thursday marked 1000 straight days of logging on and monitoring/tracking my food and activity using MFP! I've only missed one day since June of 2012 and that's because I logged everything I ate that day after midnight! But for over 1000 days on this stretch, everything I eat has been tracked and entered into my diary. I weigh and measure everything whenever possible and the MFP database can't be beat for finding accurate info. The bar code scanner rarely ever fails to find the product in question, and the other integrated features are incredible for a free app! I even use MFP as an example of a positive addiction when talking to groups about becoming positively addicted to mindful behavior.
I could go on and on with positive examples of how MFP has helped me in my journey to health. I now do Powerlifting competitively and MFP keeps track of my macros (carbs, fats, protein) as I follow a high protein training diet.
So stick with it, if you're new in your journey and just starting to use MFP. This program has helped me be and stay accountable for almost 5 years now. And I have to say thank you to MFP for helping to make me healthier and stronger than I've been in my entire life!!!!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Wow! Congratulations!
  • trimtone37
    trimtone37 Posts: 3 Member
    What a great read and an impressive tracking log!!
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    #MFP_Goals
    I hope one day I can join the 1K group too :smile:
    Thank you for the inspiration!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    edited April 2017
    What a good pick-me-up and first read on this rainy and gray Thursday morning!

Thank you for sharing your success and congratulations to you!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Your streak and your successful transformation are inspiring! To me MFP is so much more than just a calorie counting tool and I am incredibly grateful for its existence, community and help and will definitely continue to make the best use of it - just like you! :star:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Amazing work, and inspiring! Give credit where credit is due - you've put in the work. MFP was just a tool to help get you there :grin:

(I wish I could see one thread like this for every 'MFP isn't workingggg' thread we have :wink: )
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for sharing your incredible success! You are an inspiration and it helps our community so much to have these amazing examples of hard work paying off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!