Looking for weightloss tips

Options
Hi I'm new to dieting, so if you have any tips that would be great, also feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn.

Don't cut out the foods you enjoy. Just moderate them.
  • Intheseblueeyes
    Intheseblueeyes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. But what has worked for me is being 100% commited to my healthy eating. I have 1 cheat meal every 3 wks, where i eat anything i want. I tries the whole not letting gp of the foods you like aproach ans it didnt work for me. I would over eat all the time. If you want something you have to go out and get it. The way i see it, why try something 50%, might as well go at it 100% and get there sooner.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Purchase and use a digital kitchen scale to weigh each and every item you put in your mouth.
    Record those weights and things in the food diary.

That is all. Do that, and the magic happens in your head.
  • Intheseblueeyes
    Intheseblueeyes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • mizsaratoga
    mizsaratoga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I second the scale idea. Also, I have 3 sets of measuring cups & 3 sets of measuring spoons & several sizes of Pyrex (microwaveable) glass measuring cups. These tools have helped me accurately measure what eat. Example from today: 2 cups defrosted frozen strawberries, 2 cups chopped broccoli & 6 oz. filet mignon. All measured & recorded & enjoyed! I recommend HIIT exercise -- even short sessions will boost your mood & enthusiasm. I was shocked & bummed when I realized how few calories I could eat & maintain my healthy weight. But I'm now used to it & believe with the help of regular exercise I can happily live this way. Glad you are reaching out in your journey to good health. Keep up the good habits.
  • spiralvox
    spiralvox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    drink lots and lots of water, eat slowly and purposefully
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options