Starting over again...

Options
Vacation and the Easter holiday derailed my motivation. Needing to get back on track and looking for some tips and ideas to stay on track thru events such as these!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Don't do elimination diets. Allow all things in moderation. Allow for treats but stay accountable.

Plan ahead, maybe bank some extra calories for a holiday meal. Example - I eat less during the week than I do on weekends. On weekends I eat at maintenance. Eating "normally" (but still logging) on weekends helps me stay on track.

Progress.....not perfection. You went off a diet a day or two - don't "start over." Pick yourself up and continue. There will be good days and bad. As long as the good days outnumber the bad, your are making progress.
  • asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am looking for supportive friends too. Sometimes you need to do elimination diets if you are trying to figure out which foods cause digestive and other health issues
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,483 Member
    Options
    Forget motivation. Find determination.

Our ancestors were determined people. We wouldn't be here if they weren't.
  • cheechie0709
    cheechie0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me, there's so much food on holidays. I just make a small plate and walk far away from the food after that lol. Or try to only eat the veggies if you are constantly hanging around the food table lol
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I try to remember, daily, that just because food is free (at work, party, etc), or just because it's a gift, I don't need to eat it. If I wouldn't buy it for myself, then why eat it? That takes practice, but "free" food is my weak spot and I need to work on learning to just saying "no thanks" to. If it's a healthy dinner, that's fine. Im referring to candy, cookies, and other high calorie foods I don't buy for myself, usually.
  • crowed1993
    crowed1993 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me