I need motivation and support

Options
Hi, everyone...

This is my second time on MFP. I lost 60 lb on my own between late 2015 and August 2016. During this time, I was taking care of my mother while on hospice, so it was hard to cater to my health, but I still tried and I made it happen!

Well, unfortunately, I lost my mother Oct 2016, and since then, I've been so unmotivated and depressed. I've gained almost 30 lb back, and it's so hard for me to get back on track.

If anyone could offer a kind word of inspiration to me, I would really appreciate it.

I know my mother is proud of me for trying, and I want to get back to focusing on my health so I can try to avoid some of the medical issues she faced.

Feel free to add me. Thanks!

Replies

• beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear about your mum. Losing a parent is really hard. Hugs. Well done on your first weight loss, that's amazing. I understand how hard it is to lose weight. I know you've put some on and it's disappointing for you but you've taken a step in the right direction by getting back on here. This is my 3rd time on here. Just take one day at a time and make small goals. That's what I do now and it works. Make a plan, find out what will work for you. And don't give up on exercise like I did. After all these years I've finally found something I like. Try a few things out to see what you like. Wishing you all the best on your journey.
    Becky x
  • AzulCareBear
    AzulCareBear Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    beckslite wrote: »
    Hi, sorry to hear about your mum. Losing a parent is really hard. Hugs. Well done on your first weight loss, that's amazing. I understand how hard it is to lose weight. I know you've put some on and it's disappointing for you but you've taken a step in the right direction by getting back on here. This is my 3rd time on here. Just take one day at a time and make small goals. That's what I do now and it works. Make a plan, find out what will work for you. And don't give up on exercise like I did. After all these years I've finally found something I like. Try a few things out to see what you like. Wishing you all the best on your journey.
    Becky x

Thank you very much, Becky! I gave up on exercise too, but I'm trying to keep a variety going so I don't get bored easily (Taurus with Moon Gemini here lol). I really appreciate your understanding and support. Good luck on your journey too, hun!

One quote my brother always told me is, "if you're tired of starting over, stop giving up." So true!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's my third time here too, and each time it seems harder to get started. My only advice is to just start- 5 min of exercise daily, logging at maintenance, something. Once I finally got started after a few weeks I got my mojo back. You CAN do this!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I started back here the beginning of this year. Trying to make it stick this time. Feel free to add me. Take small steps and try not to get frustrated.
  • AzulCareBear
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    It's my third time here too, and each time it seems harder to get started. My only advice is to just start- 5 min of exercise daily, logging at maintenance, something. Once I finally got started after a few weeks I got my mojo back. You CAN do this!

Thanks for your input, hun! I keep responding to you, and it's not showing up lol... this is my third attempt!

Anyway, I said I agree about starting small so that we don't burn out! It's so easy to become discouraged that way. I wish you lots of success on your journey! :)
  • AzulCareBear
    Options
    Thanks for your input, hun! ❤️
  • AzulCareBear
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I started back here the beginning of this year. Trying to make it stick this time. Feel free to add me. Take small steps and try not to get frustrated.

This is good advice! Thank you. I will add you to keep up with your journey! Yes, we can do this! I'm going to make it mind over matter.
  • sweet82kisses
    sweet82kisses Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My best advice is take it one day at a time, little changes can add up to big results. Yes the weight loss will be slow but it will stay off. :)
  • AzulCareBear
    Options
    My best advice is take it one day at a time, little changes can add up to big results. Yes the weight loss will be slow but it will stay off. :)

Thank you, dear. Yes, slow and steady seems to be winning the race.
  • rachieliz93
    rachieliz93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. This is my third or fourth time back on MFP. I recently gained forty pounds after losing my grandmother. I too am here trying to get healthy so I don't have to deal with the health issues that plagued her. I really, sincerely thank you for sharing this. It makes my grief feel less isolating. I wish you love and good vibes in your health endeavor <3
  • AzulCareBear
    Options
    I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. This is my third or fourth time back on MFP. I recently gained forty pounds after losing my grandmother. I too am here trying to get healthy so I don't have to deal with the health issues that plagued her. I really, sincerely thank you for sharing this. It makes my grief feel less isolating. I wish you love and good vibes in your health endeavor <3

Wow, thank you for sharing your story too, love. I'm sorry for your loss. Losing someone so close to you can throw everything off track, but I know they're proud of us for not giving up. I wish you love and success on your journey too. ❤️❤️❤️
  • crowed1993
    crowed1993 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Andydutz
    Andydutz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm like yourself. Lost my dad and dad in law recently. Weight loss doesn't seem to matter as much. But I know I have to for my family and myself for a better living of life. I love feeling lean and fit and will get back there very soon.
  • AzulCareBear
    Options
    Andydutz wrote: »
    Hi, I'm like yourself. Lost my dad and dad in law recently. Weight loss doesn't seem to matter as much. But I know I have to for my family and myself for a better living of life. I love feeling lean and fit and will get back there very soon.

Exactly! We have to do it for ourselves first and foremost, and secondly to be around for those who love and need us! Sorry for your loss, hun.

• lynntfuzz
    lynntfuzz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm taking care of my Mom and Dad now who are both quite sick. It does motivate me to see them be so sick with heart disease, diabetes, and COPD. It is really scary and makes me want to take care of myself. So, I relate to you wanting to avoid some of the medical issues your Mom faced. We really do have to take care of ourselves!!!
  • AzulCareBear
    Options
    lynntfuzz wrote: »
    I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm taking care of my Mom and Dad now who are both quite sick. It does motivate me to see them be so sick with heart disease, diabetes, and COPD. It is really scary and makes me want to take care of myself. So, I relate to you wanting to avoid some of the medical issues your Mom faced. We really do have to take care of ourselves!!!

Thanks, love. I know what you're going through. I'm taking care of my sick father as well. We are a special kind of people ❤️❤️

Yes, I'm familiar with all of those illnesses you listed; my mom had those plus more. I know you're doing everything in your power to keep them healthy, but please make sure to take care of you too... easier said than done, I know. I'm here for you though.