Beautiful Behaviors - April 2017

Options

Replies

• sabinki
    sabinki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok i have to confess to you all. Yesterday I ate 4 mini cupcakes and some baklava. I also had some chicken strips. Ugh but im not going to beat myself up over it. What's done is done right!?!? Back to good eating and lots of water now! I did gardening yesterday and today is cleaning because my parents are coming to visit for the weekend. Hope you all have a lovely day
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @sabinki I just have to ask, were they good cupcakes at least? If you gotta bust out, I hope you at least enjoyed them. Like you said, it's done. Track it if you can and move forward. Into every life a little baklava must fall! Gardening and cleaning are good on so many levels and I bet you feel super-virtuous now. Enjoy the visit with your parents!

I am just loving everyone's updates. So many positive steps forward!!!
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the glasses and article love. Writing is something I love and I'm really lucky to have gotten some great opportunities.

@CT0526 I know a couple from my really small, private high school who started dating really young and are now married with three boys. I feel so emotionally invested in their relationship! Where love is involved, I no longer think anything is impossible.

@fangcat623 and @mbam89 Zumba! I always seem to miss that class but I love dancing so it's a perfect exercise. Gotta get back into it.

@aleahurst Great looking salad! I'm so impressed when anyone can manage to grow their own food. I killed a succulent once, so I don't think a vegetable garden is in my future.

@jessiquoi The will power! Ice cream is so delicious, so I know it's tough to not partake. I bet your coworkers understand though. Mine are really supportive of my new self-imposed diet "restrictions". As far as going low-carb...maybe try seeing what the Paleo peeps are eating? They have that stuff down to a science.

@angelailnsf Welcome! Yes to a loving and healthy commitment to yourself.

@fitzmonkey13 Totally get where you're coming from. My knee caps are in a strange position so they randomly pop out of place and it's pretty painful. Probably one of the number one reasons I signed up with a trainer. Building the muscle to support wonky knees is challenging but I've seen some significant improvement. A good arm day is great for when you need to give the legs a little rest though. And swimming!

@happysherri and @alaskandelight I wish there were laundry elves that could come help me clean my clothes. The situation is getting pretty dire over here. That's something for Saturday Lauren to figure out.

@nickiphillips1 You make me want to swim every time you talk about your workouts! Way to kick butt.

Today's beautiful behavior will be to rest and enjoy a healthy dinner with my husband which I haven't done in a while because I keep going to the gym after work.
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @ParanormaLauren Yes! I love dancing! I'm even trying to incorporate going out more so I get more dancing outside the gym, too.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just used a weed eater on my weed lot yard for 2 hours! I feel dirty, sweaty, and indestructible! Ha! 700 calories burned!

@CT0526 - you CAN stay on track. It CAN be done. I've done it for two days in a row now. I'll stand up and do a cheer for you.

@nickiphillips1 - I was thinking while I read what you said about dating. If it's the right match, none of the differences will matter to either of you.

Yess @alaskandelight , you are totally worth it! Chickweed grows under the snow here. You can eat it like a salad. Now Foods sells chickweed in capsules for dieters. Really? Oh well.

@sabinki - back to healthy eating! We all have our weaknesses. If you can't be strong enough to say no, then you may as well enjoy the cupcake.

@jessiquoi - you passed by ice cream? Wooooo. Good for you.

Hello to all! I'm suddenly exhausted. I'm grabbing the oxygen tank, the fat cat, and my tablet. I'm done for today!

Love to all.

Lea

• fitzmonkey13
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    I would post a picture, but, ummm it's too late.

Ba ha ha ha ha!!! I love it!!!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies! After a week of going back to strength training, I am sore but feel amazing. I really missed it. I am loving all the yummy food pics. Does anyone have some yummy recipes that are low fat?
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @str8bowbabe - strength training must be wonderful. I know how a day of lugging around and controlling heavy lawn equipment makes me feel invincible. Is it similar? Or better?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Ugh, what's the word for people who want something for nothing? I'm frustrated at that today. (and it's someone I work with, I wish everyone had good morals and values). **Rant over. I'm just gonna keep the faith and pray for people.

Everyone is adopting healthier habits and I'm lovin reading about it and seeing pics!!! Set goals and crush them, no matter how small they seem I promise they are adding up!

Update: Yesterday I took about an hour nap when I got home - this is monumental because I can rarely fall asleep during the day. I took a rest day because I could feel my body needed it. However I do have a non-scale victory to report - I was determined to have dinner at the Mexican restaurant around the corner and my bf talked me out of it. For some reason I was starving when I got home from work so I had tuna fish and cottage cheese before my nap. I wasn't hungry and he said he would just eat later.

Thought for the day: Happiness is not defined by size. ***I always preach, 'love your body and life at any size'. So many think that once they lose the weight happiness will come. You can be unhappy at any size and you can be happy at any size. I've weighed more and I've weighed less. Don't push pause on life or activities/adventures that you want in life because of your size. I saw a post once that stated - the guy wanted to travel and go to school but didn't want to do it while he was big. Why? Live life, we all know life is short. I, myself had to learn this. After my mom passed I realized I was always saving money and delaying trips I wanted to take. Yet my bills are always paid, so that next year I started traveling. I love building experiences with my kids and my family or even just for myself.

Happy Friday all!
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration @str8bowbabe! I need to get back to strength training. I have had about a month off. Not good. Maybe I can get my friend to go with me Sunday morning (my day off from swimming).

I went to the allergist yesterday and I do have a sinus infection. Let's hope these antibiotics kick this thing. The good news is that I am getting my distance swimming under better control. I led our lane today and did a good job descending (going faster on each one) some 150's. I didn't push it too hard either.

Nice job Lea working in your yard and making a healthy recipe. Coconut oil is a really good fat and fish and veggies are a great dinner! Well-balanced!

Jess - I am so proud of you for working on mixing protein with carbs for every time you eat. Congrats on having good blood work. You must be doing something right!! Keep plugging away! I am sure not eating that ice cream helped you.

@mbam89 - keep dancing! I loved Zumba classes when I took them. I like exercise that doesn't feel like exercise.
    @sabinki - keep the gardening up and water flowing

My beautiful behavior for today will be watching my oldest son run the mile at a track meet this afternoon. If he runs fast enough, he may qualify for a special meet next week. I LOVE watching that boy run. He has a scholarship for Southeastern Louisiana this fall for Steeplechase. He works so hard!

Maybe I will take the dogs out for a walk around the park later (if I get my work done).
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had a rough week. My neighbor was pregnant with twins and in the hospital on bed rest. She went into labor and delivered them at 27 weeks, a boy and a girl. Sadly, the baby girl passed away the next day. The baby boy is still hanging in there. The parents are just reeling and overwhelmed, so I have been trying to help them muddle through things, planning a memorial service, etc. I can't imagine being in their situation. As the father put it, he wants to be happy about his baby son, but it's so hard when he's grieving for his daughter at the same time. :( Prayers for baby Katrina and her family would be most appreciated.

I have a very busy weekend coming, and I'm feeling emotionally drained and overwhelmed with my to do list, so I haven't been logging my food, but haven't gone crazy with binging, either. I will allow myself some wiggle room to get through the next few days, then I will pull myself together and start strong again on Monday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and has a chance to enjoy some nice Spring weather!
  • str8bowbabe
    Options
    @aleahurst
    Well funny when I lug around heavy lawn equipment I don't this way! Lol but I do feel pretty invincible after any kind of good work out.
  • alaskandelight
    alaskandelight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great news on my Dad! He moved his legs on command yesterday so it appears that his spinal surgery was a success. My sister and I found out while walking our pups in a crowded park. We both screamed for joy. I'm still over the moon about it. It's been a pretty stressful week and I'm glad I only had one slip up by hanging out with my good o' Irish friend Jameson last weekend and bawling it out. (kinda the only time I've cried about the whole situation...maybe I should work on that.) All in all, I handled this week much better than how I tend to deal with stress = FOOOOOD!

@sabinki it's perfectly ok to indulge with the 80%clean/20% (or less) naughty food. It helps stay on track in the big picture. Being too restrictive can lead to major binges or never getting back to it because it seems too hard.

@mbam89 - giiiirl, I love dancing. I try to secretly dance in place at my standing desk at work. I have my own office, but it's front and center. I play that cool move of being like "stretching" or something when someone walks by. I'm sure they've caught me. Hahahaha. hashtagPROFESSIONAL.

@jessiquoi a friend of mine has gone keto...aka low carb and dropped her a1c from a 8 to a 5 between tests. Its going to be so worth it!

@str8bowbabe Are you looking for low fat recipes for a specific meal, meal prepping, or just something new? I'm trying out that skinny Pad Thai Chicken tonight!! I'll give a report. I'm going to use PBfit powder instead of peanut butter to reduce the fat of the peanut sauce.

All you other kids, keep being the beautiful people that you are! Everyday your just that much closer to your goals! Today my beautiful behavior is to maintain the behaviors I have been focusing on this week. Water, a.m. workout (check), and sober fun on a Friday night with friends! ;-) <3
  • fitzmonkey13
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm just checking in to wish everyone a wonderful weekend! I have a lot on my plate so I won't be able to get online as much. But since all the stuff I have going is pretty good stuff and hanging out with friends, I know it's going to be a busy, messy, loud weekend! I'm going to work in a bike ride and try for a swim, and focus on tracking food even if I go over on the calories I plan to eat.

Be well and be kind to yourselves. Talk to ya Monday!
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst That tilapia sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Also, "it's too late" had me dying! Great job on the equipment lugging!
    @jessiquoi I'm glad to hear everything looks good! Keep up the hard work.
    @str8bowbabe Nice job! Strength training is the best!
    @nickiphillips1 You must be so proud of him! I'm sure he loves having your support.
    @rdevol I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Thank you for being there for the parents through this. I can't image.
    @alaskandelight 'm so glad to hear about your dad! That's wonderful! Also, great job on handling stress better. #professional I love it!

I have a pretty busy weekend planned, and I'm so excited! There's going to be a lot of socializing, so I've gotta focus on not going too crazy with the food and booze. I have to work Saturday the same time as my usual zumba class, so I'll have to figure out some way to make up for that.

I went out dancing with a friend last night, we've got a birthday party tonight, baby shower and catching up with the besties tomorrow. Hopefully there will be time left for some salsa dancing after that!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Today, I behaved myself.

Yeah, it was that boring.

Chickweed @fitzmonkey13 is much less bitter than dandelion. That's why I cannot believe the number of people who buy it in capsules and take it like a pill!

Oh. Oh. Oh. Today, I boiled split peas and flavored them with salt, cumin, and then added tilapia. Dang, it was good!

Love to all.

Lea
  • str8bowbabe
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @alaskandelight - just any low fat recipes...getting bored with the same old same old.
    @nickiphillips1 - just do it...you will love yourself for it. I just got back and I didn't realize how much I missed it. Oh but my body does!! LOL