Asking about mecro

Options
Hi
I need help plz I'm 84.8 kilo & am 168 cm my calorie 1460 a day I want know how many macro should I eat ( protéine. Carb.fat) . I'm very slow for losing weight any advise plz

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Macros amounts aren't for weight loss...it's for health and nutrition and adjusting those won't help you lose weight faster.

HOwever if you are not losing as fast as you think you should let me ask...are you using a food scale and logging accurately and consistently using the correct entries?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose is a calorie deficit and at 1460 a day you should be losing. Macros are a breakdown of your total calories, but still a deficit is required to lose. Weigh your food and log everything you consume.
  • lynadotti
    lynadotti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank u for reply yes I start use a scale u know what I consume per day less then 1460 calories
  • lynadotti
    lynadotti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new in this app I try my best to pit everything in a right way cus I think my carb it is to much
  • DonnaC417
    DonnaC417 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you're asking. I started keto (very low carb) 8 weeks ago and have comfortably lost 20+ lbs. My daily macros are currently 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs.

The best suggestion I can offer is to check out the "Diet Doctor" website. It's a very positive and educational low-carb website that is run by an actual physician--I learned a LOT there, which really helped because this way of eating is contrary to everything I thought I knew about fat.

I started eating keto on February 22nd, and I haven't had a single blood sugar crash since, I have tons of energy, I've lost almost 4" in just my waist (mostly from painful inflammation that is now gone), and I feel better than I have in years--even my blood pressure is down 40+ systolic points and is back to normal! I'm sleeping better, have better mental clarity, and am starting to feel like "my old self" again. I highly recommend you do your research and decide whether low-carb is for you.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    DonnaC417 wrote: »
    I think I know what you're asking. I started keto (very low carb) 8 weeks ago and have comfortably lost 20+ lbs. My daily macros are currently 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs.

The best suggestion I can offer is to check out the "Diet Doctor" website. It's a very positive and educational low-carb website that is run by an actual physician--I learned a LOT there, which really helped because this way of eating is contrary to everything I thought I knew about fat.

I started eating keto on February 22nd, and I haven't had a single blood sugar crash since, I have tons of energy, I've lost almost 4" in just my waist (mostly from painful inflammation that is now gone), and I feel better than I have in years--even my blood pressure is down 40+ systolic points and is back to normal! I'm sleeping better, have better mental clarity, and am starting to feel like "my old self" again. I highly recommend you do your research and decide whether low-carb is for you.

just as a note...Keto works because you are in a calorie deficit...only reason.
    Low carb works if you are ina calorie deficit....only reason
  • Rafymontijo
    Rafymontijo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does MFP calculate macros or do I enter percentages?
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How slow is slow? When did you start trying to lose weight, and how much have you lost?

Sometimes it takes some time to start to see results on the scale.
  • DonnaC417
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Unfortunately, it's more complicated than "Calories In, Calories Out" for people like me who have insulin resistance. I wish it were that simple but biology also plays an important role in weight loss, especially for those of us who have endocrine-related medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypothyroidism, metobolic syndrome, and even menopause).

I have eaten a calorie-controlled "healthy diet" (i.e., whole grains, vegetables, and fruit) off and on throughout my life and I never lost weight like I am now (sometimes I just stood still or even gained a few pounds). I realize now that the carbs were killing all my weight loss efforts. And, in addition to losing weight, eating LCHF/keto has also given me many noticeable health benefits in a very short amount of time.

I'm not advocating for everyone to eat low-carb--just that lynadotti might get her questions answered by researching this approach to diet and nutrition. I'm very happy for you that merely being in calorie deficit works so well for you (you look fantastic and happy!) but that simple approach doesn't work well for everyone. It can be extremely demoralizing when you eat <1,000 calories a day and still gain weight--it happens. I know.
  • KayteeAment
    KayteeAment Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Keto does not work in a calorie deficit. I have to eat 1850 calories a day and that's not a deficit. I lost 5 lbs in the past week and a half. Not water weigh as I am an avid water drinker.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Keto does not work in a calorie deficit. I have to eat 1850 calories a day and that's not a deficit. I lost 5 lbs in the past week and a half. Not water weigh as I am an avid water drinker.

The amount you drink is irrelevant. Carbs hold water. Less carbs, less water, less weight.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

how do you know 1850 isn't a deficit? if you are active, that could easily be a caloric deficit
  • DonnaC417
    Options
    Does MFP calculate macros or do I enter percentages?

I set-up MFP using percentages. Go to "Goals" and under "Your Fitness Goals", I adjusted the "Daily Nutrition Goals" to read 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs. Obviously, your goals will be different from mine.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Unfortunately, it's more complicated than "Calories In, Calories Out" for people like me who have insulin resistance. I wish it were that simple but biology also plays an important role in weight loss, especially for those of us who have endocrine-related medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypothyroidism, metobolic syndrome, and even menopause).

I have eaten a calorie-controlled "healthy diet" (i.e., whole grains, vegetables, and fruit) off and on throughout my life and I never lost weight like I am now (sometimes I just stood still or even gained a few pounds). I realize now that the carbs were killing all my weight loss efforts. And, in addition to losing weight, eating LCHF/keto has also given me many noticeable health benefits in a very short amount of time.

I'm not advocating for everyone to eat low-carb--just that lynadotti might get her questions answered by researching this approach to diet and nutrition. I'm very happy for you that merely being in calorie deficit works so well for you (you look fantastic and happy!) but that simple approach doesn't work well for everyone. It can be extremely demoralizing when you eat <1,000 calories a day and still gain weight--it happens. I know.

no it's not more complicated...what makes it complicated is the calories out part of the equation as you may not burn as high as others...but it's still CICO...that's science...and maths.

YOu say you ate calorie controlled healthy and never lost like you are now...yes Keto might be faster but that doesn't mean it's not about CICO...

seriously??? there is only one way to lose weight and that is to be in a calorie deficit...keto doesn't guarantee weight loss...only calorie deficit does...and btw 1850 is a deficit for lots of people...

and losing 5lbs in the past 10 day is not that healthy and most of it is water weight from lost of glycogen stores etc in the muscle from the low carb...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If that 1850 is comprised of 50% protein those 925 protein calories have a 30% TEF making them worth only 647.5 calories. Her total calories are then 925+647.5=1572.5, certainly a deficit.