fat intake

Options
I'm trying to figure out tracking macros. I'm trying low carb, high protein, high fat. Strength training. Trying to lose belly fat. When calculating fat, (43g) how much should go to poly and mono? What about saturated?

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with breaking it down to that level. Just avoid trans fats.

Fats that come from meat are good. Fats that come from nuts are good. Avocado, olive oil, butter... all good! Avoid vegetable oils, that's about it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    43g hardly seems high fat to me. What is your daily calorie goal? As for the breakdown, don't sweat it. You can't set goals for those in MFP anyway. I try to get in healthy fats on a regular basis in the form of olive oil, avocado, and nuts, but I loves me some butter!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My macros are as follows on a 1400 calorie diet: 15% sugar / carbs (53 g); 40% fat (62 g) - half & half, butter, whole fat Greek yogurt, coconut oil / cream; peanut butter; animal fat / skin; olive oil; and 45% protein (158 g). I am usually over my carbs by a tiny bit, hit my fat dead on and struggle with getting that much protein in one day. Love the results though; no brain fog, lots of energy, no jitters.
  • lynadotti
    lynadotti Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have same problem I make high protéine low carb