You stink Jillian Michaels! NSV I want to see all 30 Day Sh

Options
OKay this is part NSV and part Survey.

First the NSV- Today was the first day of excersize in maybe 4+ years. I have been so physically exhausted the last 4+ years of my life that I just stopped keeping it together. I use to excersize in highschool to keep myself in shape but after dealing with some undiagnosed health issues and energy loss I just quit it all together. Fastforward a couple years, I got married had a baby and packed on 80lbs. That being said the stress level and energy level took turns for the worse. I could barely hold or lift my daughter or carry anything or even brush my hair some days. Now being on MFP i decided I might be allergic to gluetin so I decided to cut out processed food, all grains, and as little sugar as possible.

I have stopped taking my daily 4 hour nap on top of sleeping for 12 hours. I can climb steps, pick up my daughter and hold her longer than I hae in a long time...now here's the kicker...today I decided I had enough energy to try something new all the MFP have been recommending- JILLIAN MICHEALS 30 DAY SHRED...and I made it through the whole work out...huffing and puffing and shouting moments of ill will toward Jillin, but I did it. Praise the Lord Praise the LOrd!.

Now the question did anyone feel like they were pure jelly after it was over!? My knees barely want to hold my weight. :( IS this common? Is this workout worth it? Wht levels did you all do it on? Help?!

Replies

• Prettiejesse
    Options
    Lol its totally normal, wait until you feel whats coming tomorrow! Just keep at it, itll be worth it!
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred today as well. My legs were definitely like jelly.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm still on lvl 1 and I've been doing it 8 days in a row. The first 4-5 days were the WORST. Now it's so easy I can't wait till day 11 when I move to level 2.
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just started it this past week. I too feel like jello when I get finished. I also hurt for about 2 days afterwards. I will get better.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Wow where you have gotten already is amazing!

YES!!! I have been exercising for the past half year or so but when I started Jillian Michaels I could hardly hold my weight after it... But that just means you're doing it properly!! It is going to hurt! How do you think the biggest loser people feel whilst doing this for 3 hours a day EVERY DAY? :O OUCH!!
  • snikrepa2003
    Options
    How do you figure day 11 to switch it, was that a personal choice or a reccomended thing from Jillian's program
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats of making it through Jillian's workout:bigsmile: I call her the beast not of this earth:laugh: I have not tried her 30 Day Shred but I have done her Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones,6 week/6 pack and Boost Fat Metabolism and I feel like that every time I work out with her lol so I would say jelly legs are totally normal.
  • snikrepa2003
    Options
    Wow where you have gotten already is amazing!

YES!!! I have been exercising for the past half year or so but when I started Jillian Michaels I could hardly hold my weight after it... But that just means you're doing it properly!! It is going to hurt! How do you think the biggest loser people feel whilst doing this for 3 hours a day EVERY DAY? :O OUCH!!

Yeah I said to my husband no wonder they are crying and throwing up!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Yeah I said to my husband no wonder they are crying and throwing up!

LMAO!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes, my legs felt like jelly after the 1st day, so did the next couple days. Then day 4 or so, I felt stronger and the moves are easier. I have one more day of level 3, and I feel much stronger than a month ago.

You CAN do it.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It's 30 days and three levels. Makes sense that it should be 10 days per level. Although I've known people to take extra days and do it longer than 30 days if they couldn't handle moving up... But that's the program. 10 days of level 1, 10 of level 2 and 10 of level 3... 30 days

To the OP: That's amazing! And, yes, very normal. I have a bit of advice... make sure you DO that workout again tomorrow!!! Push THROUGH the pain... I learned the pain lasts a lot less time that way and you'll feel AMAZING at the end of the following few days if you push through it and just do it! You're well on your way to being shredded! ;) Good luck!

edit: Oh, hell... you ARE the op... lol.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was also mumbling every little word at JM for the first few days. After the first day, I didn't even know if I was going to make it. I thought my life was over. My legs felt like jelly, and my shoulders were so sore. It does get easier. I start level 2 tomorrow.
    Best of luck to you.
  • goals111
    goals111 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good for you for starting ANYthing after 4+ years! I started 30DS today also; and yes, my legs felt the saame way. I wven mentioned it to my husband. I had a feeling it was going to be rough, which is why I started on a weekend :-)
    Keep at it! Make sure u take a before pic: it's easier to see your progress that way.
    Good luck.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 30th consecutive day - yep. I made it through all 30 days w/out missing one. If you stick with it, you WILL see results. I did not see a large weight loss (4 lbs), but I lost 8.25"overall in one month. I will be posting photos of my results on Monday when I get to work, but I can tell you that the change is noticable and now I realize why people kept making comments to me recently asking what I've been doing :)

Each level is difficult when you start, but if you stick with it, it does get easier! Best of luck :)

Edit: my profile pic is one of my 'after' shots :)
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Do you need anything other then the dvd from walmart to do the work out?
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)

I did level 1 for 13 days, because I wanted to get stronger on it. I think it helped me get through level 2. You go through the levels how you wish, there is no right or wrong. Just do your best and give yourself a little push to do more. If your knees hurt, you can do modified cardio, I had to when my knees started hurting from all the jumping. Keep moving! :)

Trisharrell:
    All you need is some hand weights and a mat, if you have a hard floor. I still use my mat on my carpet. :)
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i have been considering getting this DVD, but now you all make it sound like hell! lol hmmmmm
  • numberscolors
    Options
    oh man, my thighs hurt SO bad for like 3 days after starting 30DS... i could barely walk up stairs. ugggghhhhhh.... but i'm starting again tomorrow! :D
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I believe you just need 3 lb free weights.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you got to where you are today and are feeling much better! And you should be SO PROUD of yourself for getting through the first 30 DS workout after not exercising for 4+ years! I had already been exercising regularly before I started the shred and I BARELY got through that first workout haha.

YEEESSSS it is VERY normal for you to feel like jello after any of Jillian's workouts. I did her 30DS and am currently doing Ripped in 30. I remember the first few days of the shred I was so sore and it would just hurt more and more everyday. But stick with it, it DOES get easier! I'd say around the 5th day you'll start to get the hang of it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!