Macros/calories -female, 24, CW 190

Options
Trying to get an idea of what people similar to me eat calories/macros wise. I read so many articles and do calculators for what I should be eating and I'm all over the place

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The default macros 50C/30F/20P work perfectly well. Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. I seldom hit them perfectly and I've been in maintenance for years.

I do try to get the protein goal every day. Usually I'll be over on fats and under on carbs.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    For myself, I ate (and still eat) at least .8 x goal weight in protein, which for me is at least 100g/day. Let MFP set up your calories for you. I use a Fitbit to help track activity cals. Lots of people don't, but I like having it.

Good luck!

My story.
  • LindseyRenee1
    LindseyRenee1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 220 and i eat 162 C/55F/155p for a total of 1,763 calories. I always aim for +/- 5 grams. I had my macros calculated for me by a professional based on my body type and exercise level. poppy_locks is her name on Instagram if you are interested in learning more. <3 IIFYM!
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 197lb female, I keep the current macros but never hit them all the way except my protein which usually evens out to about 30% protein with the rest deistributed in carbs and fat (usually take out 10% carbs), so somewhere like 40/30/30. I do it satiety reasons, but it's really up to you. Try hitting all three in your meals if you can.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what is your goal weight?