Feeling frustrated

Options
Okay so long story short I've lost about 35 pounds (from 225 to 190) and I have yet to see changes. My clothes are looser however I haven't gone down a single pant size yet. Is this normal? I feel like after 35 pounds I should have at least gone down a size. Previously at 180 I was 2 sizes smaller. Am I doing something wrong here? Im feeling rather unmotivated and confused about this. If I haven't gone down any sizes does this mean I'm not loosing fat? How could that be possible? Where could those 35 pounds have come from ?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    But you are losing! Yay! Pants sizing is funny. Just keep going!
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What kind of pants do you wear? I've lost about 15-20, 2-3 inches off my waist and hips, and mayyybe a single pants size (from 8-10 to 6-8). I was confused at first but realized I either wear stretchy skinny jeans or loose girlfriend/boyfriend jeans, so I guess they fit pretty similarly at different weights. My shirts are all really baggy though, probably because they're not as stretchy.

• nicoleroxs182
    nicoleroxs182 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm glad I'm at least loosing weight, just super frustrated. I wear jeans (size 18) same pants at 225lbs. Previously when I was 180lbs I was wearing size 14.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Don't let the pants frustrate you. You are doing great. It will happen, just give it time. After losing the weight I needed to lose, I am really baffled about clothing sizes. I never know what size I need. And of course I haven't been this weight in over 35 years so deciding what to buy is a big challenge. I also found that because I was losing rather quickly I skipped sizes. It seems I went from a 16 to a 12, then 12 to 8.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Every make and model of pants fits differently. Sizing by manufacturers changes over the years. Your body changes and might lose in different places first than it did before. You've lost a lot of weight and your clothes are looser! This is great new and I hope you use it as encouragement to keep going!
  • GeoffTKirk
    GeoffTKirk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How are you loosing weight? If it's just diet/cardio it could be that your loosing a lot of muscle, which could account for weight loss without a lot of changes in size.. Have you tried strength training? If your interested in changing body shape, weight training is often the most effective way to accomplish that goal.
    Either way, just remember to keep kicking a#*!
    ☺️
  • nicoleroxs182
    nicoleroxs182 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not dieting at all. I have tried dieting before and failed miserably. Now I eat whatever I want but don't binge and make better choices. I've lost over 25 pounds this year so far. I also do eliptical 45 mins a day 5 days a week and try to do planks daily to strengthen my core.

You guys were right about pant sizes being different because I just tried on my size 14 and they fit!!! How relieving!