Advice needed

Here's the bullet points:
I'm 42 yrs old with an active lifestyle. I walk 1-2 hrs in a track daily with arm weights because I have a lot of internal damage from childbirth trauma and years of ballet in a semi- professional company.

I eat about 1200 calories and usually eat most of my exercise burned calories... I weigh 120 with a goal to lose 5-10 lbs. I eat all my calories between 10am-6pm, for the most part and I take good vitamins (women's, fish oil, C, hair/skin/nails)... let my body fast through the night. Drink tons of water, eat Whole Foods

I'm a full time plus college student and working... very small town. Walk every where I go. Try to sleep 6 hours a night but I'm a single mom with 5 kids, 4 are teenagers. They come first, studying comes second.

I've been feeling great but about 3 weeks ago I started waking up more tired than when I went to sleep.

Any ideas? Finals are coming

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    How much are you losing in an average week? How long have you been on 1,200 + exercise calories?
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    if you're still tired after sleeping,maybe you've become anemic.
  • RTRKH2O
    RTRKH2O Posts: 4 Member
    I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week... been eating approximately 1200 calories for years... when I go over I gain too much weight and it hurts my back (scoliosis) ... I eat a lot of lean red meat for iron. Just had my iron checked yesterday because I gave blood. They said it was great.

I'm really stumped... had to cave in and get a large Coke from McDonald's and a caramel sundae just to get a sugar rush to get through my last class!!! Lol, it was yummy but I feel gross now
  • deeowens867
    deeowens867 Posts: 9 Member
    How tall are you.....120 is lean for me at 5'3. - how are your complex carbs/fats. We all understand the protein component (you getting enough?). When I'm feeling low on energy - I add 1/2 yam earlier in the afternoon. OR an extra serving of fruit (apple/berries).
  • psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    See a doctor. If your diet, exercise, and stress level haven't changed, then you should get checked out for medical problems which can cause fatigue, such as a thyroid issue.