Meal Preppers Thread?

Options

Replies

• teristalking
    teristalking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mawill08 wrote: »
    Hell yea! I'm in! But I post most my stuff on Instagram!

• SkittlesSeattle
    SkittlesSeattle Posts: 16 Member
    Options

What is your IG name? I would love to follow you there if possible.
  • amberhanson001
    amberhanson001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    spikedmax wrote: »
    Go to Costco, in the back by the TP and cling wrap they have meal containers, 32 count, for $10 bucks. Can't beat it!

These are the best!!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have it for breakfast at home?
  • NoItsLiz
    NoItsLiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for meatless or low cholesterol meal preps? I'm just getting into all this and need help.
  • hollycastle0123
    hollycastle0123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So I'm interested in knowing... What kind of meals do you plan....
  • SkittlesSeattle
    SkittlesSeattle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I'm interested in knowing... What kind of meals do you plan....

Me too. Is it all the same everyday or do you do something different each day? If it's the same, do you ever get tired of the repetitiveness?

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to talk 2 of my family members into a meal prep trade. We each make a meal that makes 6 servings and trade. That way we each get 2 servings of 3 different meals. They haven't agreed yet.

I did see someone use foil to divide a sheet pan into three segments so they could make three different flavors of the same protein at once. You can get variety that way. fitmencook.com/time-saving-chicken-meal-prep/ fitmencook.com/protein-in-bulk/

Saw this in my news feed this morning. Great way to prep snacks. forkly.com/recipes/one-pan-roasted-chickpeas-4-ways/
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Threads like this are like p0rn for me! I'll try to do better taking pictures of my prep, too. Not quite sure I have the game as some of y'all, but I can hold my own.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Here is another good one that came up today for egg muffins. Going to try this one. https://youtube.com/watch?v=lFnY-gh6lXE
  • alexandra1359
    alexandra1359 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HoldTheDoor13, those meals are definitely inspiring. They look awesome! I didn't see a recipe for the first photo with the beans. What's in them?
    I'm making chipotle chicken tomorrow I think I will make extra and make a prep for the weekend. I will post.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I've been doing it for a few months now. Makes life so much easier. I don't have to think about dinner when I get home from work or worry about having enough time to fix something to take to work for lunch in the mornings!

I got my containers from Groupon. Not quite as good a deal as what are available at Costco.

@spikedmax - do you have a picture of the containers from Costco?

88y2nah9fj5r.jpg
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    RobinB0812 wrote: »
    I love this idea! I've been doing it for a few months now. Makes life so much easier. I don't have to think about dinner when I get home from work or worry about having enough time to fix something to take to work for lunch in the mornings!

I got my containers from Groupon. Not quite as good a deal as what are available at Costco.

@spikedmax - do you have a picture of the containers from Costco?

88y2nah9fj5r.jpg

I save the containers from Chinese take out, they look like these. They are great for leftovers, and microwavable. Great portion size for a serving of chicken breast and veggies, or whatever.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I prep Mason jar lunches and breakfasts but I haven't really done dinners. I would like to though. Since there is just me, I've had a bit of trouble though.
    As far as food lasting, my salads are still crisp on Friday.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    hebasita87 wrote: »
    How long do prepped meals last in fridge? Im always a bit concerned if food sits in my fridge for more than 3 days.

the government standards are if you oppen a can it's 7 days. if you make it from scratch it's 4 days. the first day being the day iot's made so it's today plus 3. cheese is longer

i get worried about bottled dressing.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Here is another good one that came up today for egg muffins. Going to try this one. https://youtube.com/watch?v=lFnY-gh6lXE

i make those at work all the time. really good and easy. they work well in muffin top pans as well. just whirls the filling in a food processor for a sec to make it finer.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Are these freezer to microwave containers?