I cant believe I am here again?!

Options
After one full week of staying on track, feeling great, waking up in the morning energized... I came home one night, tired and stressed and ate everything in sight. And ever since, I have been on a binging cycle and gained 5 pounds since. I cant believe I am here again. It is crazy that I am determined for a few days, feeling amazing and that "hey, i can do this, i can get over this lifelong disorder of compulsive eating"... when I find myself a few days later in this cycle. Will I ever get over it? I have tried so many different things from sports, to eating whatever I want, to restricting eating, I read a lot about fitness and nutrition but when it comes to practice... I can not seem to get rid of this unhealthy habit (compulsive eating). It is frustrating and is hard to get out of one of these cycles and start eating right again....

Ok, done venting. What a struggle!!!

Replies

• breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    After one full week of staying on track, feeling great, waking up in the morning energized... I came home one night, tired and stressed and ate everything in sight. And ever since, I have been on a binging cycle and gained 5 pounds since. I cant believe I am here again. It is crazy that I am determined for a few days, feeling amazing and that "hey, i can do this, i can get over this lifelong disorder of compulsive eating"... when I find myself a few days later in this cycle. Will I ever get over it? I have tried so many different things from sports, to eating whatever I want, to restricting eating, I read a lot about fitness and nutrition but when it comes to practice... I can not seem to get rid of this unhealthy habit (compulsive eating). It is frustrating and is hard to get out of one of these cycles and start eating right again....

• MattySparky
    Options
    you'll make it eventually, the trick is not to give up no matter how hard it may seem!
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with this right now, but you need to forgive yourself. I was told a very long time ago that it takes only 1 day to create a bad habit but it takes atleast one month to create a good habit, so please keep that in mind.
  • chelseachick
    Options
    you can do it but you may need a bit of help. you're trying to break a cycle that your body and mind has adapted as a means to "protect" you. Counselling may help - I know its helped me with breaking some of my patterns.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Dieting totally sucks. It really is a life style change. Everytime you want to binge, talk to yourself. Tell yourself you are worth more than a binge. I find exercise is the key to maintaining. When I exercise, I am able to eat like a normal person. (not weigh and measure everything) :ohwell: I wish you luck, and vent anytime! L
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for almost 1 year. I have lost for the most part 20 lbs. I have gone up and down but I have never gone back to my starting weight. For that I am very happy. My journey has been slow but steady.

The first time I got to 170 was back in June. I am not very good at keeping up with an exercise program, but I am always trying. I have never given up and I will not give up.

I am positive I will lose more weight this year. I have to keep trying.

So NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Keep getting back up when you fall. It will work. Think positive and don't beat yourself up when you do fall, just get up and try again and again and again.

It's your life so you have to keep trying!
    Kathy

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I suffer from the same thing. One day off track and it just sends me into a binge for days. It is all or nothing for me and that is not the way it should be. I just try to remember how hard it is to get back on track when I get off and hope that will keep me on the straight and narrow!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have been eating healthy now for alittle over a year and I do go off the trail but I get right back on the next day. I have noticed though my off days are no where near what they were before. I probably dont even eat half of what a normal person eats but its alot for the way I eat now. Just keep at it you"ll get there good luck
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    l_5b34d34b8eb84e49a4fae1f7649cd76c.jpg

My before picture is why I will continue to fight!!

I don't even know how much I weighed in that photo because I never weighed myself during that time.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT AGAIN!!!
  • breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried counselling for overeating or any compulsive behavior??? I wonder. I heard Dr. Oz say on Oprah that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit. I never make it to 21 days so maybe that should be my goal!!! Thanks to all of you for your support... it really is so frustrating sometimes this challenge with one's self and frankly, a bit scary that I can be so determined one minute and completely weak the next!!!