Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Sandwich or dinner leftovers
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on how many calories I have to play with based on if I went to the gym in the morning or not.

Chicken with rice and veggies, soup, pesto pasta salad, peanut butter sandwich. Basically breakfast things because it's the weekend and I didn't get up till lunchtime. Fish and chips on a Friday though.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    a sandwich or microwave meal with a vegetable side, usually carrots
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wholemeal pasta salad homemade
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Lunch.
    Food.
    Depending on the day, I'll have a can of soup, a sandwich, leftovers.
    Usually, lunch includes yogurt & a piece of fruit.

My current 'thing' is a wrap flavored with sriracha (70cal), spread with low-fat Laughing Cow cheese (2 wedges = 70cal) (asiago is nice, also sun-dried tomato mozzarella basil), wrapped around some nice deli meat (turkey 3oz = 90cal), and some fresh spinach if I have it.
    Works out to under 400 calories, even with an apple & yogurt.

Hummus & veggies to dip it with is good.
    Hard-boiled eggs.
    Tuna/egg salad, just go easy on the mayo. Wrap it in lettuce leaves for an even lower-cal option.
    Getting into summer, I like a salad of couscous, garbanzos, feta, black or kalamata olives, parsley, tomatos.

What have you eaten before joining MFP?
    Why do you want to change that, or why can't you continue to eat the same things, just in smaller portions?

• phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Can of soup, tuna on crackers, or a frozen meal.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Lunch is usually a smaller meal for me but my fave is a piece of Ezekiel bread toasted and spread with Laughing Cow cheese and topped with a fried egg and hot sauce. I usually have some fruit and raw veggies with it.
    I will also do 2 oz deli chicken or turkey with a Sargento Balanced Break bowl and some veg.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I bring a salad to work every day. I have a (relatively) low calorie dressing I like. Every now and then I run out of time the night before (or run out of lettuce and veggies) and don't make my salad. If that happens I'll bring a frozen Amy's or Sweet Earth burrito.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We usually prep 10 chicken breasts (5 for me, 5 for hubby) on the weekends. So it may be spinach salad with chicken, or a chicken wrap. If I'm sick of those or don't have any for some reason, I usually grab a Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice meal.

I'm currently on the chicken wrap kick. One tortilla, smeared with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, some spinach, and chicken. I look forward to it all morning!

8tpy6esqrkcf.jpg
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    What do people eat at lunch time

I have a prep meal of chicken pot pie today. Yesterday I had grilled chicken.
  • BlueberryJoghurt
    BlueberryJoghurt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Buttermilk and fruits/veggies usually when at work, Im a real slow eater and having an actual meal stresses me the hell out at work (yeah 30min is long but I cant relax to enjoy my food at work).

At home, usually leftover dinner/salad but almost always a cold dish, just because personal preference.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Today, sushi.