Eggs and Fruit

Options
I have been here a couple weeks now, even got the wife and kid to join me. In any case, I am almost always under my calorie count, to the point of my tools telling me I need to eat more. I love hard boiled eggs, or just eggs in general, but where I am in the world right now, boiled is really best. If I stick to a diet of fruit (cantalope/pineapple/honey dew) and boiled eggs, with the occasional bun free hamburger patty, would that be a good way to go?

Replies

• erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Those all sound like good things, but it would be much better to get more diversity in your diet! There are a lot of different foods with different nutrients... Especially good to add: veggies!!
  • Merricles
    Merricles Posts: 21
    Options
    Those all sound like good things, but it would be much better to get more diversity in your diet! There are a lot of different foods with different nutrients... Especially good to add: veggies!!

Veggies.... eh. I like black and green olives. But where I am, it is hard to get much variety. Suppose I could sub the pineapple every other day for some olives. Wish I could get me some carrotts though.
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I do not understand why you only eat eggs and fruit. I say add more food. All kinds of food are needed for a healthy diet. Including carbs (bread, potatoes etc). Also add in some nuts and nut butters. High calorie and good for you.
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    Carbs aren't bad either as long as ur eating resistant starch ie whole grains if you can get them, they keep u fuller longer. Olives are good too but they are a good fat not a vegetable. Good luck to you with everything.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're being a bit mysterious about where you are, so it's hard to come up with realistic suggestions. But I agree, you need more variety, especially veg if you can get them.
    What IS available where you are?
  • Merricles
    Merricles Posts: 21
    Options
    You're being a bit mysterious about where you are, so it's hard to come up with realistic suggestions. But I agree, you need more variety, especially veg if you can get them.
    What IS available where you are?

Im in Afghanistan for the time being. Food is a bit limited as to the options. I could get some very dry, and sometimes crunchy bread haha. Occasionally the wife will send me a loaf, it usually goes pretty fast as I tend to share. For veggies, I can get salad, olives, onions, peppers... thats about it there. Fruit is usually plentiful. I really love the fruit and eggs. I was reading peanut butter could be good to, but it's high in fat. Im not looking to bulk up so much as thin down. Candy is all over the place here though, as people love to send us junk food haha. Not much to do in free time aside from the gym and video games. So, the gym has become a second home haha. Just do cardio for the most part.
  • waisheimli1
    Options
    :smile: Keep up the good work out there!!!

My fitness pal is designed to break down what you eat into the several intake categories such as carbs protein fat vit a and c , calcium and iron and so forth you do have daily goals, these are great to work towards!

EVEN out your meals to that your not having a huge meal in one go
    BALANCE your meals so that you provide yourself with fat carbs and protein etc
    VARIETY of different kinds of foods on different days, weeks etc
    Make a list of all the foods you like to eat healthy and unhealthy and put them into different titles like breakfast lunch and dinner.

For instance I like bran flakes but only have them on days a carton of Soya milk lasts me like 5 days then I'll mix it up and have boilled eggs for breakfast with some tomatoes and beans to give me variety and balance, give your body what it needs and treat yourself now and again to something you want!

Just think with out vegetables how can your body digest and clear your food through!

Hope this helps

Wai