edited April 2017
    Options
    paulwick1 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Hi

If your happy with your current diet, I would suggest weight gain supplementation.

There are a lot of rubbish brands selling powders full of packers/sugars etc, but try www.bulkpowders.com

They do some very good weight gain products, you can also buy ingredients separately and make your own custom blends ( powdered oats etc.)

Considering almost every single weight gainer on www.labdoor.com is rated terrible, I'd stay away from crappy weight gainers and just make a high calorie shake with a proven quality protein powder.

Agreed, but where have I suggested a crappy one?

Lean mass ingredients ( the one I use personally and find this Aids my weight gain)

Ultra Fine Scottish Oats (Gluten), Slow and Fast Release Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk, Soya), Egg White Powder), Glutamine Peptides, Cocoa Powder (Chocolate Flavours only), Natural Colour (Beetroot Red – Strawberry Flavour), Flavouring (Strawberry, Chocolate), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Sweetener (Sucralose)

I thought the idea regarding the forums was to help people, which I'm doing with my own experiences, which in all fairness is a lot more constructive than the posts above that offer no help what so ever but just criticise those that do.

True keyboard warriors , every forum needs em lol

I am far from a keyboard warrior. Maybe I'd take a step back, look at the forum and many of the stickies. Also, if you took a step back and looked at what I posted (with a little research), you would realize that blindly excepting what companies put on the back of a bottle doesn't always appear to be what is in the actual bottle. And yes, some are better than others, but I have yet to see a weight gainer go through independent testing and score high.

In all reality, you'd be better off going onto a site like www.theproteinchef.co or using Quest's nutrition site and making your own shake from ingredients.

As a moderator you should be a bit ashamed of yourself for just throwing in criticism, it's your job to moderate, that means encouraging sound advice.
    You have no grounds to dismiss my post, the company I have suggested do exactly that, you can buy your own separate ingredients and custom build a weight gainer from good sources such as ground oats!

Take a step back yourself Mr Moderator and have a look for yourself before being so critical maybe.

Wow. Can I just say that I've found psuLemon extremely helpful since I joined the community last September, and anything but a keyboard warrior.
    Also,regarding the list of ingredients on your weight gain supplement- some of them (eg sweeteners)I would be unable to tolerate due to a gut condition and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It is possible to find unflavoured whey protein powder which has nothing in it but whey and can be mixed with other foods to make a high calorie protein shake.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Hi

If your happy with your current diet, I would suggest weight gain supplementation.

There are a lot of rubbish brands selling powders full of packers/sugars etc, but try www.bulkpowders.com

They do some very good weight gain products, you can also buy ingredients separately and make your own custom blends ( powdered oats etc.)

Considering almost every single weight gainer on www.labdoor.com is rated terrible, I'd stay away from crappy weight gainers and just make a high calorie shake with a proven quality protein powder.

Agreed, but where have I suggested a crappy one?

Lean mass ingredients ( the one I use personally and find this Aids my weight gain)

Ultra Fine Scottish Oats (Gluten), Slow and Fast Release Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk, Soya), Egg White Powder), Glutamine Peptides, Cocoa Powder (Chocolate Flavours only), Natural Colour (Beetroot Red – Strawberry Flavour), Flavouring (Strawberry, Chocolate), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Sweetener (Sucralose)

I thought the idea regarding the forums was to help people, which I'm doing with my own experiences, which in all fairness is a lot more constructive than the posts above that offer no help what so ever but just criticise those that do.

True keyboard warriors , every forum needs em lol

I am far from a keyboard warrior. Maybe I'd take a step back, look at the forum and many of the stickies. Also, if you took a step back and looked at what I posted (with a little research), you would realize that blindly excepting what companies put on the back of a bottle doesn't always appear to be what is in the actual bottle. And yes, some are better than others, but I have yet to see a weight gainer go through independent testing and score high.

In all reality, you'd be better off going onto a site like www.theproteinchef.co or using Quest's nutrition site and making your own shake from ingredients.

As a moderator you should be a bit ashamed of yourself for just throwing in criticism, it's your job to moderate, that means encouraging sound advice.
    You have no grounds to dismiss my post, the company I have suggested do exactly that, you can buy your own separate ingredients and custom build a weight gainer from good sources such as ground oats!

Take a step back yourself Mr Moderator and have a look for yourself before being so critical maybe.

The irony of this. "True keyboard warrior".
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    As you gain weight your caloric needs increase if you want to keep gaining. Just like as you lose weight, your needs decrease if you want to keep losing.
  • paulwick1
    paulwick1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Back to the original question...
    naynay224 wrote: »
    Hey guys my name is Naomi and im on a mission to gain weight and building my strength. I have managed to put on 20kg in 2 years. But now im stuck I have been hitting my calorie intake as indicated by my fitness pal and getting my protein goals and carbs but the scale isnt moving and ive been lifting heavy. Someone help please.

Let's see the first two of your quotes guys...

Hi

Hi

2 threads, 2 suggestions for weight gain supplements. Do you have a problem with real food?

Not overly eh.....

Like I said I was offering advice please explain the help given in the quotes shown

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

The BOOZE was a big thing for me. Stagnant gains until I stopped drinking - I was borderline alcoholic and was pounding down a six pack of high % craft beer a night and not getting anywhere. Stopped drinking and the gains started flooding in. Not joking.

That's interesting because I always lose weight when I stop drinking!

Booze has a preditible effect on me: If I have some drinks at a party, not particularly overeating, the next day I will be a pound or two lighter, maybe due to the diuretic effect of alcohol. If I drink a bit each night (as on a vacation, sometimes), I start to gain weight, and not the good kind. Alcohol may be pleasant and perfectly healthy in moderation, but it doesn't seem to represent particularly good nutrition.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Lots of people gain 20kg but never account for the increase in TDEE that comes with that, I would recalculate your needs if you haven't.

I think this is a really great suggestion. Recalculate your TDEE to make sure your target calories are going to put you in a surplus at your new heavier weight.

Also good suggestions above to bump calories by 100 at a time until you see gains again.

Good luck!