Help!

Options
I'm a 28 yr old male, on a strict diet/exercise routine. Feb.28 i weight 300 lbs, as of today im 250, so thats good. I run 30 mins at 5mph every day (appx 500 cals) and am fairly active during the day at work. I eat around 1500ish cals a day and have cut out 99% of junk. All this being said, I cant seem to break the 250 mark...ive been hovering just above or below 250, but it seems to never fall below 248. Anything I should be doing differently? It's getting a little annoying not to be able to go past that number. Thanks for any and all advice given!

Rob

Replies

• budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think you may have to take in more protein. Make sure it outweighs the carbs you take in, it supports your muscles.
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    It's possible you've hit a bit of a weight loss plateau. I've read many times over the years, in several different places, that changing up your routine is great for busting through a plateau. I certainly hope you find what works for you. I admire your persistence. Hang in there, dude!

*smiles*

Jean
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I would definitely change up the routine. Try some new aerobic exercises. Good luck!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely try changing it up. Maybe even increase calorie intake a bit...if you burn 500 cal per day, and only eat 1500 cal, this could actually be too few calories, and could have a negative effect on your metabolism. Different exercises, maybe varying calorie intake for a while. Good luck!
  • etksauron
    etksauron Posts: 3
    Options
    I'll definitely try more protien...as for mixing up the exercise, what should I try? I used to do a lot of upper body stuff as well as running, but that just made me bulk up and gain muscle weight.