Hello!

Options
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself as Katherine. I am looking forward to finding some new ideas in staying healthy and eating right without starving myself - though at times I have wondered it that's the route I should be taking! My ultimate goal is to loose about 30 lbs and maintain a healthy weight, with a short term goal is to loose at least 10 over the next 3 months. Wish me luck! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• hannahcf
    hannahcf Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck :wink: Sounds like a realistic set of goals - go for it! I'm new to this, but seems like a good support network. Hope it works for you, Hannah
  • AmandaOc2011
    Options
    Hi Katherine, welcome!! Thats a great goal, and its realistic. Mfp is such a great support network and such a a great way to log your exercises and a food diary. I wish you all the luck in the world! If you want a support buddy add me! :) Peace *
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Very sensible and doable goals. You can do it. There's a ton (pardon the expression) of help available here. Good luck!
  • muunkyboy
    muunkyboy Posts: 5
    Options
    Please don't starve yourself! Despite being unpleasant, it simply doesn't work as your body adjusts your metabolic rate accordingly by going into starvation mode. Little changes have a big effect. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, keep a food diary and record everything you eat, however insignificant you think it is. Instead of the regular '3 square meals' try to eat 5 smaller meals. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Cut down on the carbs and fat (but not too much) and try to eat more protein (it will keep you feeling fuller for longer) and try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day, sipped throughout the day. You'll be amazed at the results!
  • mymagicalinkerytour
    Options
    Thanks for the advice - most likely starving myself isn't going to happen - it's just not "me". So far I am mostly just watching what I eat, and the food diary here is great, it really helps me see the patterns I have that might not be so healthy. I just wish I had found this site two months ago! Thanks for the support!