You stink Jillian Michaels! NSV I want to see all 30 Day Sh

Options
2»

Replies

• kateecat
    kateecat Posts: 13
    Options
    I just completed day 7. I agree with what others have said, you SHOULD be really proud for getting through the whole 30 minute workout. The first day I only got through the first fifteen minutes but the next day I did 30 minutes of cardio (dance) without stopping before I did the Shred and found that it really helped me get through the whole workout. I don't know why that was but maybe it was because it helped 'warm me up'? Don't know.

My legs did NOT feel like jello after doing the workout but maybe it is because my legs are already used to exercise. However, I have never had any upper body strength and my arms were in excruciating pain for two days, even my collarbones were extremely sore. I almost took some time off after that but decided to keep on with it and after my 3rd workout the pain went away.

I started doing her 6 week 6 pack two days ago along with the shred and will do that for two days then take two days off. Today was an off day from the 6 week video so I did 30 minutes of cardio before doing the shred, then I did 30 more minutes afterwards followed by the short taebo 8 minute workout. I just do whatever I can handle and will definitely cut back if I feel my body is getting hurt.

I also don't own a scale and have not weighed myself in over 2 years so I do not know my weight but so far I have lost almost an inch from my waist, bust, and hips each. I still yell at Jillian everytime I do her videos but I tell myself that it is only 20 minutes and that, as Jillian puts it: if she has 400 pound people doing these exercises then I can definitely do them too.

Also remember to eat right and not to go over or under. I haven't changed my diet at all I simply reduce portions and if I want cookies I have 1 or 2 remembering that is better to eat a little than to deny myself and find myself binging later on.

Good luck and I hope we both see results.
  • gelleebean44
    gelleebean44 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job for making it thru day 1 of 30DS! It's not easy, I couldn't make it thru the whole thing my 1st day (I started it on July 3). I've never exercised before I joined MFP July 1st so 30DS was a big step for me as well. I also have 60 lbs to lose, so add calorie-counting for my 1st time PLUS working out and I was as "green" as a newbie could be! So good for you for getting thru it :smile:

I'm currently on L1/D15-I increased from 1lb to 3lb weights on D10 so I wanted to give myself extra time w/this weight before moving on to L2 (starting it tomorrow). I took 1-2 days/wk off to allow my body some time to recover, especially since this was my 1st time working out. I also do Zumba 4x/wk and walk whenever the heat isn't making my skin melt off my body (LOL)

The 1st 3-4 days feel tough, but Jillian's right-it does get easier as you continue doing it. I even posted a blog about my horrific experience w/charley horses in my calves when I started 30DS! I was cursing Jillian at the beginning, thinking that if I ever saw her I'd probably want to do a jumping jack on her face (I was pretty hateful the 1st couple of days-forgive me, Jillian! Lol) The 1st 2-3 days I couldn't do more than 5 push-ups, jump rope longer than 15 seconds and that last sit-up crunch move at the end (w/the leg kicks)...yeah, I couldn't do more than 4-5 of those even if I prayed REALLY hard! :sad: Today, I can get thru all the moves w/3 lb weights.

Being sore is very normal, my legs also felt like jello the 1st couple of days. I still feel a soreness in my thighs (glutes especially) when I walk up/down steps, but it's nothing unbearable. I chalk it up to a little sacrifice for great results. I've lost 10-11 lbs these last 3 wks & over 6". I think 30DS results are more evident in the inches lost vs weight lost. So don't stop, push thru it. If I can get thru it, you definitely can too! Take progress pics for yourself-they've really helped me see (& celebrate) my body change these last couple of wks. **So sorry for the long post! :embarassed:
  • tiggerfan
    tiggerfan Posts: 71
    Options
    must be the odd one out then
    I'm on L2, and I haven't ached once.
    am hoping that its because I normally go the gym 5-6 days a week, and am there for 2hrs a time, and I'm lifting a lot more than the 3kgs hand weights that I use for the dvd.
  • Petunia32
    Petunia32 Posts: 24
    Options
    hahaha, yes! The first time I did it my legs were super jelly, which was really bad as I had to drive to pick my kids up from daycare afterwards and driving was SO hard! I also couldn't do anything the whole way through. Jumping jacks were by far the worst, though the bicycle crunches at the end were also killer. Now I can do everything fine, however if it's a low energy day then the bicycle crunches still kill me. I'm just restarting lvl1 actually, I've never made it past a few goes of lvl 2 before stopping due to one thing or another happening. I've got a goal for myself to do it the whole way through now, but it will take me a bit longer than 30 days unfortunately.

As for the extreme fatigue, I completely know what that's like. I had CFS/ME (suspected post-viral) for many years. Some days I couldn't shower, others I couldn't even lift my hand to scratch my face, it was too much. Most of the time I just lay in bed unable to do anything, yet I also had extreme insomnia (typical symptom) so I would be exhausted but awake for three days straight. It sucked. Don't push yourself when you've been out the game for so long and are just recovering. Take rest days in between exercise days and listen to your body!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I've only done 2 days, had 2 days off due to too many plans so restarting today, My calves ached but my legs didn't feel like jelly (sorry i'm English!) and I really felt it in my abs. During the workouts I found the hardest bit is the part where you kind of do side lunges whilst lifting weights in front of you, that kills my arms! I don't have any weights so I use big water bottles and I still feel the burn, my upper body strength is nothing compared to my leg strength. I'm hoping it will have a positive effect on my disproprtionately large behind! :D
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    this is wat happens initiaaly once u get used to it it ll b smooth n easy...in the start i used to do one jumping jack then rest then one then rest now i can do without any rest...
    i have one more question i m now on 6th day n i m sweating more more each day is this normal?
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 5 today and I admit the first 2 days my legs were jelly (had my son in January but haven't worked out in a year and a half). Day 4 and 5 I felt awesome after, no jiggly legs or extremely sore muscles. It's starts to feel good. Good luck, you can do it!
  • annacook0822
    Options
    stick with it!!!!! i didn't take my measurements until after the first level.... if you can you should! that is where you will see the most! after level 2 i took them again and i had lost 9 3/4 inches just in the 10 days of level 2.... im in level 3 now..... it is so worth it! and i felt the exact same way about it the first day! but after that i wanted to do it.... that is not like me at all! based on the past! i really enjoy it now!
  • brittany33107
    Options
    I only did the 1st part about 3 days ago and my thighs are STILL sore lol. But i lost 3 pounds since then, so it WAS worth it! Keep it up! You won't be disappointed!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just did level 1 day 4 this morning. My first two days were the worst. I did feel like jelly, like my body couldn't hold me up. Its not so bad now and I can do it without wanting to die. lol. I cannot wait to see my results at the end of this whole thing.
  • gelleebean44
    Options
    I also did every other count on my 1st couple of days for bicycle crunches & anterior raises-I figured it was best to work up slowly to success rather than not do it at all. Now I can keep up & I'm starting L2 today (pray for me!!! Lol)

I sweat buckets...I mean big buckets!!! Lol By day 5, I had to start using a sweatband b/c it was getting a bit annoying (I quickly got over looking like Olivia Newton-John in that "Physical" video from the 80's! LMAO) I'm hoping this is a good thing to be sweating more when I work out now b/c I'm seeing results (10-11 lbs lost & 6" gone in the last 3 wks). I wouldn't worry, maybe grab a sweat band, turn on a fan if you have one and wear loose/breathable clothing-I prefer a sports bra & shorts. Drink plenty of water after your workout b/c you'll need to replenish your fluids.

Have fun & keep it going! :smile:
  • gelleebean44
    Options
    this is wat happens initiaaly once u get used to it it ll b smooth n easy...in the start i used to do one jumping jack then rest then one then rest now i can do without any rest...
    i have one more question i m now on 6th day n i m sweating more more each day is this normal?

I also did every other count on my 1st couple of days for bicycle crunches & anterior raises-I figured it was best to work up slowly to success rather than not do it at all. Now I can keep up & I'm starting L2 today (pray for me!!! Lol)

I sweat buckets...I mean big buckets!!! Lol By day 5, I had to start using a sweatband b/c it was getting a bit annoying (I quickly got over looking like Olivia Newton-John in that "Physical" video from the 80's! LMAO) I'm hoping this is a good thing to be sweating more when I work out now b/c I'm seeing results (10-11 lbs lost & 6" gone in the last 3 wks). I wouldn't worry, maybe grab a sweat band, turn on a fan if you have one and wear loose/breathable clothing-I prefer a sports bra & shorts. Drink plenty of water after your workout b/c you'll need to replenish your fluids.

Have fun & keep it going! :smile:
  • baschmidt2
    baschmidt2 Posts: 46
    Options
    Jillian Michaels work outs are totally worth it. Keep it up and you will see a huge difference in your strength and just body overall!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Even though I am doing the C25K and working out at Curves, JM 30 Day Shred kicked my butt the first 4 workouts! Not so much my legs but my arms were KILLING ME! I have renamed JM 30 day to JM trying to kill me with exercise...lol My last workout was day 5 and I didn't feel like shoot my TV when I was done. :bigsmile:
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am on my first day of Level 3 tomorrow, and for the first two levels, the first 4 days were HARD and I was sore, and then it got better. I do feel jelly-like in various places when I am done with the workout, so don't worry! Keep pushing through... if I can do it, anyone can! I hadn't exercise at all in years, and my core was SO weak from having babies, but I am feeling strong now!

There is at least one, but probably more than one, threads on here where you can join a challenge group of people doing the 30 day shred. I love doing it as part of a group because it holds me accountable and also encourages me to keep going!

Good luck!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    i have been considering getting this DVD, but now you all make it sound like hell! lol hmmmmm

Do it anyway!!!!!!!!!! You will not regret it! I am seeing amazing results in endurance and strength
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!