Have you ever lost inches but not weight on the scale?

Options
Have you ever lost inches but not weight on the scale? Just curious what peoples experiences are.... :)

Replies

• HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    absolutely - especially when I am back at the gym after a long break. The scale won't move but my body shape can change pretty quickly. I always recommend that both measurements and the scale are considered when on a weightloss journey
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost, I would lose a little bit every day (yay!). Now I'm losing the same 30lbs again (boo!) but this time, I don't lose any weight for 10-14 days at a time, then drop 1.5-2 pounds overnight. But, during those 10-14 days, I notice my pants will feel a little looser.

So yes, this happens quite a bit.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Yep - all the time. This is one of the reasons why I do not pin so much importance to the scale.

I consistently drop inches and my scale barely budges. It doesn't bother me as nobody but me knows how much I weigh. But I love how my clothes are fitting better.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Its very common. Its a good idea to have more than one way to measure your success. Consider also pictures and NSV's like being able to walk further, faster.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Almost all the time it goes that way
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Yep, went for what I considered a pretty long time with hardly any change in weight, measured and found I had changed significantly in inches :smiley: That's just how it works, the scale is not always the best guide, just one tool, which sometimes lies, lol
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Often! In my WL journey, what seemed like WL plateau end up with dropping a clothing size.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That has seriously never happened to me. I wouldn't mind though. ;)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It's just gas. :)
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's all I lose is inches. I have not lost any weight n months now but my clothes fit much nicer.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially when you are in noob gainz zone. This will happen a a lot during that phase.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I weigh every week and measure every 2 weeks, sometimes helps as well if I dont lose one week and its measure week I may have lost a bit that way
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yep. Usually round my period time
  • GirlPanda03
    GirlPanda03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to measure myself as I find it very awkward, but you hear about this kind of thing with weight loss all the time. People lose fat and gain muscle, so there's no technical weight loss (sometimes there's even a gain) but they've lost fat and are stronger.