Scrambled Eggs...

Options
I've just sent my fiance to get some eggs, i fancied something different for breaki today (especially as it's quite late)...what do people suggest is the best way to do this - all the egg, just the egg whites, and how many eggs? Just want enough to cover a bagel really...

Any ideas would be great!

Replies

• HazelAngelstar
    Options
    personally if I have an egg - i have the whole egg and usually have 2
  • SuperHeroRipped
    Options
    i usually do 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites. it taste better to me :D
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have the 2 whole eggs poached
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I eat 1 whole egg and 1/4 cup egg whites and add some veggies/cheese/slice of thin ham YUM!!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    If you just want to cover a bagel one egg is most probably enough ..... to have a solid brekkie I normally scramble 2 eggs & 1 egg white - to make a omelette - 2 eggs and 2 egg whites....
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    I do 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, chopped green onion and if I worked out hard that morning, a slice of chopped bacon already fried in the pan before adding the rest.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have both eggs... I'm not an advocate of wasting things... so to throw away yolks is so wasteful to me... and eggs come from nature therefore they are goooood! I throw in a splash of milk to make it less 'eggy' :)
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I usually make my scrambled eggs using 2 eggs and a dash of skimmed milk.
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm eating scrambled eggs right now! Two medium eggs straight into a small non stick saucepan (or with 2ml of heated oil) mixed about with a fork or spatula, added ground black pepper and then put onto two pieces of sliced granary bread with a little olive oil spread. Beautiful!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    2-3 egg whites, with a sprinkle of cheese, canadian bacon, tomatoes, and broccoli.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with a slice of american and salsa on top....yummyy!!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My favorite go-to breakfast is two egg whites or 1 egg white and 1 whole egg on a multi-grain sandwich thin with 1 piece of low-moisture part skim mozzarella or reduced fat provolone cheese and 1/2 tbsp ketchup... it's sooo good!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    I like eggs. They don't always like me.especially the yoke part if I eat too much yoke I end up with a belly ache. I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge.if you want to stretch a single whole egg whip it up with a little water.makes it fluffy &we adds no calories. Also I like to chop some vegetables up in it too.makes it more filling &the adds fiber. Eggs are a good high protein choice.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in egg whites :P I scramble two eggs with a teaspoon of butter and a tablespoon of whole milk. Very filling for 182 calories.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 whole scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil with Mrs. Dash and ......

ketchup.
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    I scramble two whole eggs in about 5g of pure butter. Delish!
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I raise my own chickens and get fresh eggs daily. Nothing like a free meal! For breakfast I always poach And for snacks boil. Eat the whole egg. The yolk contains 90% of the nutrients. And dietary cholesterol has a very limited impact on bloodstream cholesterol. In fact many studies show eating whole eggs lower triglyceride levels.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    speaking of eggs>> thought i was having a good breakfast with two eggs, two toast, and 6oz. of 1% milk. coffee with whitener and BOOM! plowed through 500 calories right there! since my daily is 1240, it's a sizable chunk! i had no idea that there are 5g of fat in a large egg. dang.

I was going to relax today, i am tired from a busy day yesterday (earned myself a THOUDSAND extra calories through exercise!- first time ever....) but for sure will need to do a bit of power walking or bike or something, or it will be water and celery for dinner! LOL
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I like to have 2 whole eggs beaten with a dash of skimmed milk, and freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt. Either on 2 small slices of wholemeal bread with a scraping of very low fat spread, or with 1 tbsp salsa and a little grated cheddar. Yum!

(the best combo ever, which I can never afford, is scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, delish!)
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    1 Whole Egg, with an extra 2 Egg Whites....I feel kinda bad throwing away the Yolk, but I do it anyway!

Actually, anyone know how long the Yolks would last in the fridge for? Thinking about it, I should save them for the following day....