LOCK UP THE SCALES, AUGUST!

Options
Jumping onto the scales daily has started to become an unhealthy habit, so for the month of August I have decided that I am going to lock them up and just focus on healthy eating and exercise.

Anyone with me???

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to give it a try. I am a scaleaholic.
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think that is an awesome idea!!!!!!!!! It's so hard for me to just go 3 days without checking the scale.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i will commit to only weighing on fridays - i want to make sure i keep my mfp stats up to date!
    but i'll lock up the scale sat - thurs....
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    I'll give it my best shot!! Let's Do it!
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh crap there is a name for what I do :embarassed: scaleaholic!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    YES,count me in!!!!
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    A whole month!! LOL!! Maybe I should do this with you because I too am a SCALEAHOLIC. YUP... sometimes more than once a day... it's a NASTY habit . COUNT ME IN :)
  • daad13
    daad13 Posts: 68
    Options
    Count me in!
    I guess it's much more satisfying to work hard for a month and notice the change all at once rather than little by little each day :)
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    count me in!
  • TiraG
    TiraG Posts: 68
    Options
    My name is TiraG and I'm a scaleaholic too. It's been 30 min since I last stepped on the scale. :noway: .
    I wish I could do this with you but I'm in a Biggest Loser Competition on here and I have to weigh in weekly. I will commit to only weighing in once a week, and when the competition ends or if I get eliminated, I will give it up for a month.

Good luck everyone!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately I'm too weak to do it and would probably unlock the scale after a week LMAO. I'm definitely a scaleaholic but I don't get as stressed about it anymore because I also take measurements and as long as the measurements are going down then it's all good. I am guilty of weighing myself every morning but I only count one weekly weigh in officially which is Sundays.

I definitely wish you all luck in August!
  • LiciaHarry
    LiciaHarry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I'll have to agree with this idea - My name is Licia Harry, and I'm a scaleaholic.

:) See you in September!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i only step on the scale once a month to record my progress and no matter what is shows it does not strike a cord in me because i already know im a success just for keeping up wth my workouts and nutrition for another month.

so for all of you scaleaholics i am living proof that you can step on the scale once a month and still see results as long as you continue with a healthy lifestyle with a comitment to excercise and fitness it can be done.
  • ezmoneylf
    ezmoneylf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday too and it is starting to be a habit. I get stressed see my weight everyday cause it change's so much daily. I only record my weight on saturday morning for my official weight for the week. I dont think I could wait a whole month but I might just try this.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am more addicted to my scale at this point than I was taco bell four months ago....lol I have to have one vice and weighing three times a day it is....:)
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately I'm too weak to do it and would probably unlock the scale after a week LMAO. I'm definitely a scaleaholic but I don't get as stressed about it anymore because I also take measurements and as long as the measurements are going down then it's all good. I am guilty of weighing myself every morning but I only count one weekly weigh in officially which is Sundays.

I definitely wish you all luck in August!

I agree with you here - don't get stressed and only record once a week. But you are all great to give this is a go - hope you keep us posted on how it's going. :)
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ach, go on then.
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i don't think i can do this i'm not as bad with scales as i used to be but i do weigh once every couple of days think in a couple of weeks i'll try this but not now lol let us know how you do x
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Um.. a month... A WHOLE CALENDAR MONTH??????

Oh dear god...I don't actually know if I can...I'm having hot sweats just thinking about it!!!!!!!
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    I am commiitting to weighing only on Thursdays (as this is my day off uni during the week)
    I've only stepped on them once since my weigh in on Thursday so I don't think I count as a scaleholic, but I'll be here to support all you peeps that are :D