Does Anyone Eat Gluten Free?

Options
I was diagnosed in February with a Gluten Intolerance, and I have been eating gluten free ever since with some setbacks along the way. Is there anyone else that eats Gluten Free because of an intolerancy or Celiac's, or just by choice?

Replies

• YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am GF due to celiac disease. Was diagnosed in April 2006, it does get easier to eat and stay GF and your body will thank you for it the more careful you are. :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Eating gluten free is easy! DOnt fall for the gimmics and Processed " GLuten Free Foods" those are just as bad for you. Try eating more fresh whole natrual Unprocessd foods and things should start to get easier. I can not eat reg bread beacuse it would give me problems. When I went to Ezekiel I have not had problems. I also do no eat rice or pasta.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I do not have to eat gluten free but do most of the time. I have a friend that has Celiac Disease. I started looking for recipes for her. The recipes were so good I just started eating them too.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I got tested around that same time because of a family member with celiac. I tested low positive about that time, started eating gluten-free after what I thought were my final blood tests. It wasn't that bad, and eating mostly natural foods is healthier-I can't give up my rice pudding tho :) Unfortunately my tests were inconclusive so I'm back on the gluten until I get tested again.
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My son was diagnosed with Celiac in 2007, we have done most of our meals at home GF since. I feel better when I am gluten free, but sometimes do indulge in gluten, or will just substitute his stuff to save $$$. Let me know if you have questions....
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I am gluten free add me if you like!! I find it really easy. I eat clean and unprocessed!
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    I also have a gluten intolerance. I've been eating GF for about 2 years now and it has made such a huge difference in the way I feel. It has essentially cured my PCOS (periods are completely regular now, without medication) and I have a lot more energy. I don't crave the foods I used to eat at all anymore and the couple times I have been exposed to them they just didn't taste as good as they used to.
  • cataplexyfever
    Options
    Eating gluten free is easy! DOnt fall for the gimmics and Processed " GLuten Free Foods" those are just as bad for you. Try eating more fresh whole natrual Unprocessd foods and things should start to get easier. I can not eat reg bread beacuse it would give me problems. When I went to Ezekiel I have not had problems. I also do no eat rice or pasta.

Ezekiel bread isn't gluten free though, is it?
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    It does get easier! I can't even imagine wanting to put that substance back in my Dear Little Body! If I indulge by mistake, I end up with terrible barometric migraines. You can do this and feel BLESSED by it! It helps to keep disciplined and to remember that food is for fuel and for pleasure! :heart:
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Ezekiel bread isn't gluten free though, is it?

no, it isn't. Ezekiel bread is made with sprouted wheat and barley and is far from GF.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do eat gluten free, I have a sensitivity to it. Sometimes I will have something but I get headaches and just don't feel great after I eat something with gluten in it. I found it a little hard at first but I use the rice wraps for sandwiches and I have found an awesome local bakery that has the most amazing pumpkin muffins made with millet flour, it has become much easier. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I'm not GF, but my boyfriend, whom I live with, is. He wasn't diagnosed (his tests were negative) but he had all kinds of digestive issues that have mostly cleared up by going GF (I urged him to try it, on a whim), so he's sticking with it. I know it's hard for him sometimes, especially when we go out for dinner. At home he eats fresh produce, chicken, fish, cereal w/ almond milk, raisins, sunflower seeds, nuts. Because he wasn't officially diagnosed, he has tried adding gluten back into his diet. He feels horrible afterwards except .... (this is strange) he can eat ice cream sandwiches. The wafers have gluten in them, but seem to be the one gluten product he CAN tolerate.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I do it by choice, but only because I feel better (everything works better -- especially digestion) when I eliminate gluten from my diet.