Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

new plan for next week

So, I'm trying to cancel the following food from my plans for one week:

sugar
sweetener
sweets like chocolate, cookies, cakes

We will see if it works.

Who is in?

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    I normally go over my sugar before I'm half done with breakfast. Tomorrow, I will stick to my recommended intake.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna suck lol.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Cant go without 1 sweetner in my morning coffee! Dont eat any of the other stuff anyway :)
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Oh no, I'm not willing to try total elimination. But I do find that eating much less sugar allows me to appreciate the natural sweetness in foods.

I support your choice! I hope you meet with great success.
  • I wish I could say that I am in and pull it off but there is no doubt in my mind that I have a sugar addiction. I am doing well staying in my calorie range, working out, and eating way better than I used to but my fear is that if I add one more thing to my plate I will blow it all. I have read alot about it and and recently watched some doctor on Rachael Ray talk about it. He wrote a book called "The Hamptons Diet" It's a 3 day thing and you start out slow, like all the obvious sugar the first day, then carbs and starches the next day. Apparently you will go through withdrawl so take it slow and good luck!
  • beethridge
    beethridge Posts: 1 Member
    My advice from someone who tried it, just don't beat yourself up if you eat one thing on your "forbidden list". Feel successful if you significantly decrease the amounts of these items that you usually take in. We are humans not robots, we don't re-program that easily!
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    It's just a try for one week. Maybe this will help me stopping snacking all these things. Often it is easier for me to forbid something then just eat a little a bit.
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    So, first day went by, and it was good :-) I was not very hungry... hopes it stays this way :-)
  • Enestia
    Enestia Posts: 1
    I will try it after my holiday:

22.08.2011 no alcohol, no sugar, no fat