People's Views on Your New Body

Options
I haven't reached my goal weight yet (have about 20 more lbs. to go). Anyway, that's not important.
My question to those of you who have made a giant transformation -

How has peoples' attitudes towards you changed? (i.e. Are guys that normally wouldn't pay attention to you now hitting on you? Are women meaner because they're more jealous?)

Just curious ;)

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    Im only half way to my goal. BUT:)....I am happily married. I have had quite a few guys hit on me lately. It gives my ego a boost, I won't lie.

As for family, no one really says anything. but I do think my stepmother in law-is a little jealous;)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    People always assume im on a starvation diet or all that i eat is salad.
    And they say theyre worried and that i should eat bad things and treat myself now and then.
    But to me, im happy and healthy and i dont want those treats because i love everything i eat and its all one big treat!
    I don't feel like im depriving myself of anything, its a lifestyle choice.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I haven't lost much and still have about 30 to lose, but I totally get hit on way more. But they do say that confidence is sexy and I get more confident with each pound I lose. :laugh:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Your questions reminded me of an incident this week... We were on vacation and my husband had gone back to our room with his daughter and our oldest, I stayed at the pool with our youngest. 3 teenage boys came in the pool, tons of horseplay and all, noisy and all that. Well, I went to get out of the pool and just dead silence, I was peeking while drying my daughter off and they were just staring at me... made me feel good, made hubby jealous when I told him! I'm not quite halfway to my goal yet, but it was just one of those feel good moments. Of course, they were too young and I would never give them the time of the day
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I lost weight before when I was single. I lost alot.

To answer your questions

1. Yes
    2. Yes
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Men hold doors open for me now!!! And girls on campus who recognize me from when I was heavier look at me funny. Men speak softer and nicer to me. Girls... Well, other women were never that nice to me anyway, come to think of it. I'm in a long term relationship and it doesnt matter to me, but that's what's happened since my 30. and im aiming for around thirty more. should be interesting. XD
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My friends say 'have you met your goal weight' and I say, ' I want to lose 20 more lbs' and they say 'Where are you planning to lose it from' I know they are trying to be supportive, but I'm like DUH.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much and still have about 30 to lose, but I totally get hit on way more. But they do say that confidence is sexy and I get more confident with each pound I lose. :laugh:

I agree. The more confidence I have the more I get looks from guys haha!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Bump.. Very good question. I'm a shut in with no friends so.... I dont know yet hehe
  • BMiller5
    BMiller5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You like me are probably exuding (sp?) a LOT more confidence. My hubby who said he didnt care if I lost weight or not seems alot happier. My coworkers are always telling me "Oh you look great how much more do you want to lose" and when I tell them 50lbs they are like "OMG you will be way to skinny then". Its not like I want to rail thin. I just want my pre-pregnancy weight back. At whatever cost I really dont care what too terribly many people think because I am doing this for ME and NOT them!!! :o)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I didnt lose a lot of weight,but 30 pounds in the past year is a lot for a shorty like me. I have gained so much confidence. I turn 19 in two weeks and my boyfriend is terrified :P
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great question. i dropped from 300 to 140 and it was an eye opener. I had guys hitting on me left and right. I went to the gas station with my husband one morning and while he pumped gas i went in to get cash. Two guys nearly tripped over each other to open the door for me on the way in and on the way out. My husband was both pleased that others thought his wife attractive and pissed off too. I told him not to even worry about it. NONE of those men would have done that when I weighed 300lbs and he loves me no matter what I weigh and always has. I am so not impressed by men hitting on me because I was invisible for all those years I was heavy and they don't stand a chance when I have a husband who is so awesome!

Women are a different story. When I was heavy they were friendly and no problem, now that I am thin they are not so nice. My husband tends to room watch and he will always tell me when some woman/women are shooting daggers at me just for walking in somewhere. I never notice the women though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!