2 NSV's!

So, I've had a couple of NSV's recently.

My first is a general one. When I'm out and about, 9 times out of 10 I'm able to resist the junk food and sweets. I had a huge victory yesterday in my local Tesco supermarket. I was in there browsing for some things, and they have a Krispy Kreme Kabinet in this particular store. I ADORE Krispy Kreme doughnuts, I stared at all the different flavours, seeing as I'd only tried original glazed.

And then I walked away. It just didn't seem... worth it. And when I have given into cravings, the food just doesn't taste like it used to.

Anyway, my other NSV came today. I'm going on holiday in October and was talking to my grandmother, who I live with, about the fact I wanted to find a couple of cute sun dresses, similar to one she had. She went and got this particular dress and I tried it on, over my PJ's as I wasn't yet dressed. It fit great, even with another layer underneath.

So I showed her, and my grandfather, and she said, "Do you want to know what size dress you're wearing?" I said yes, thinking it'd be a UK 14 or 16, which is what I normally wear.

I FIT INTO A SIZE 12 DRESS!!!!!!!!!

OK, it's older than me so the sizes were probably bigger then, but I don't care! I'm so happy!

I'm going holiday shopping with my friend tomorrow but I've told her I'm not buying anything yet as I hope to drop a size or 2 beforehand. Oh, and we're going out on the town tomorrow night, there's a gorgeous size 16 dress I've found that looks great on me, so I think I'll be buying, and wearing it, with pride! (I don't "do" dresses, I normally hide away in trousers and baggy tops).

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    So happy for you! On both counts!
  • Woohoo! I bet you feel great! Keep it up! xxx
  • That's awesome! I remember having the same sensation and being surprised that foods I would once crave simply lost their allure. Keep up the great work!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    congrats!!!!!!!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    i'm proud of you :)
  • pinksherbert
    pinksherbert Posts: 38 Member
    Well done you!

And if anything, I think sizes were smaller back in the day (they are making the sizes bigger so we are flattered into buying them!)
    - so double NSV!
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Can I just add something to this? I went out on the town last Monday, with a good friend. I had seen a dress I quite liked and so decided that I'd get her opinion on it. We ended up going to a different shop, but they had the same dress. They also had it in black (it was cream) but only in a size 14.

The cream version was available in a 16. I took both to try on, on a whim.

And I walked out of the shop having bought a size 14 dress. Now this shop is a high street fashion chain (Quiz, in the UK, if you're interested) and I've always found their sizes small. The dress looked amazing and I went on to have a fantastic night out, full of confidence.

Here's a picture, sorry it's not great, it was taken on my mobile phone. I realize absolutely nothing has changed from the pictures on my profile too:
    IMG00079-20110725-1949.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!