"You've changed your hair..?"

Options
CynthiasChoice
CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
I've been amused lately by how many people are commenting on my hair. I never get comments on my hair, and now in the last 2 -3 weeks, five people have complimented me on my hair, or asked me if it's shorter.

My hair is not different. It's my face. It's thinner, but I just smile and say, Oh yeah, I'm trying something a little different.

There are a lot of people who see a heavy person, and think "she's heavy" and don't notice if it's 240 pounds heavy or 190 pounds heavy. I get that, and I'm actually a bit thankful for that because I don't want to know that people are paying attention to exactly how round I am.

It does please me though, to know that people might see something a bit more appealing about me than they did before. And it's kind of fun to know why when they don't.

Replies

• naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Lol, I had the same response for a while before people realised that it was NOT my hair that changed :lol: Keep it up, it means you are doing great!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm down 65 and get lots of hair comments or you look good somethings different lol. I've also got did you change tje colour of you lipstick lol

On tje flip side of that someone could colour their hair and I will notice it's different and say or your hair looks nice thinking they got it cut....some people just aren't as observant as others.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    So I'm not the only one! I really did get my hair cut today :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I received the hair comments in the beginning of my weight loss as well. I preferred that to the comments about my weight even though both were complimentary. Discussing my weight makes me uncomfortable.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    LOL! I chuckled when I saw the title. Been there. Congratulations on the weight loss.
  • NanP135
    NanP135 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too, other comment was Have you been on vacation??
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I've had the hair and the vacation comments lol. I've lost over 50 pounds. It's okay to comment. I think people are afraid to ask if you've lost weight
  • thisbravelion
    thisbravelion Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People say "you look well" to me a lot!
  • TinkerbelleJ
    TinkerbelleJ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I guess the people around me are more straightforward. It is always, you look thinner! Even though I haven't lost much weight.
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love these comments but sometimes they can be so uncomfortable! I had a coworker comment that my face looks thinner and pointed to her chin (which I can only imagine is my slowly decreasing double chin). And yesterday I had a coworker I'm relatively close and familiar with say "Emily, great job losing that poundage" and I'm flattered but also thinking to myself did I not look good enough 25lbs heavier? I don't know, it's such a double edged sword!!
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    I love these comments but sometimes they can be so uncomfortable! I had a coworker comment that my face looks thinner and pointed to her chin (which I can only imagine is my slowly decreasing double chin). And yesterday I had a coworker I'm relatively close and familiar with say "Emily, great job losing that poundage" and I'm flattered but also thinking to myself did I not look good enough 25lbs heavier? I don't know, it's such a double edged sword!!

I know what you mean. I've lost weight enough times to know who will make which remark. There are those who will say, "You've lost a LOT of weight!" - cringe...this person has been thinking I NEED to lose a LOT of weight. Then there's, "You look especially pretty today" from very tactful people. Others in my life will never say a word. That's fine too, especially at work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!