Anyone else lazy?

Options
Anyone else looking to get in shape, but just have no motivation, or feel to lazy to do it? If so we should be friends! I want to get my self in shape, but find that I just make excusses to not exercise and to eat junk food. I'm looking for someone to help keep me on track. Feel free to say hi and introduce your self or even add me ☺️

Replies

• rpbailey
    rpbailey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I too have strayed off track. I am determined to get back in gear and started this morning by getting back on schedule with my kettlebell workout. The saving grace is once I get back on schedule with my workouts I feel so much better that I work harder to stay alert to my food intake as well. It's always good to know that you are not alone and there is always someone else who is going through the same lazy feeling as yourself. Have a great day!
  • beckibarkley
    beckibarkley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well and then I just got Lazy and unorganized and gained back 6 pounds... I am determined to do better, work harder, eat smarter. I am always looking for help staying on course...together is easier...
  • Shan_Wow89
    Shan_Wow89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! My problem is partly my work schedule I work long hours and often close to 50-60hrs a week so when I get home the last thing I want is to go work out or wake up early lol
  • Saeraphine
    Saeraphine Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Hey, adding you! I am lazy and a procrastinator, lol. I find that the competitive challenges people run really help me. It's usually good to find a team of people that you kinda don't want to let down.

If you're in to geek pop culture things, there's a Game of Thrones challenge, Hunger Games, Hogwarts, probably others I'm not aware of. I run a challenge based on the American school from the Harry Potter series, Ilvermorny. We do fan-fic/roleplaying types of things where we have to complete assignments as part of the story. There's also a Biggest Loser and Amazing Race challenges if the above aren't your style.

Highly recommend you check out the Challenges section on the message boards.
  • crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been a bit lazy lately ... recuperating from having bronchitis and pneumonia ... every time I think I'm okay, I overextend myself and end up back in bed. SMH... 3 weeks and counting w/o a workout ... My appetite has slowly been coming back over the past few days so I've lost weight from lack of eating. Hoping to get back into my routine SOON!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    If weight loss is your goal, you don't have to do a formal "workout." Just stay within your calories goal.

At some point I think you'll find the time and energy - I'm sure you get days off? Can you make active plans for those days? Go to a park with a trail? Rent a canoe or a bicycle?

If I had to work 50-60 hours I probably would only exercise on my days off, too. It's good for you in ways other than weight loss, so there's that.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy. I don't think I always was but I am now. There is almost nothing better to me than being wrapped in a blanket eating something warm and cheesy.

Maybe try to find an exercise that you don't hate. Mine is just walking. I can easily walk several miles a day. Would I prefer to be wrapped in my blanket drowsily shoving mac and cheese in my mouth? Sure! But I don't hate walking and I know it's good for me so I do it. And I do find that the more active I am, the more active I want to be. I start looking forward to my walks and wanting to do more. I feel the urge to run sometimes.

For food...I don't love to cook but I do love to eat and I really love to try new foods. So I look up easy low calorie recipes and I try them. Right now my favorite thing is mushroom and basil pizzas on those Flatout flatbread things. Yummy!!!