your GO-TO Low calories snack foods??? (details please!)

Options
Im really not good at preparing healthy snacks..Im doing better but I need some ideas..what have been your go-to snack foods?

I know about just eating raw veggies or raw fruits but I mean something less..boring lol

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is my default when I'm on the go and bored of just fruit and nuts: http://powerhungry.com/2014/03/2-ingredient-oatmeal-cookies-gluten-free-sugar-free-vegan/

I also like veggie snack wraps: salad greens with low calorie dressing or hummus, in a light tortilla. Add in cut veggies/beans/veggie patty for added texture/protein.

Open face pb&banana: Toast a slice of bread. Spread on a thin layer of natural PB. Put banana slices on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Half a pb&j.

Anything with hummus.

A Luna protein bar: any of the chocolate flavors.

Baked sweet potatoes: bake them in batches, and they last in the fridge for about a week. Grab and munch whenever you want. Can be eaten cold or hot.

Dip fruit in some peanut flour or pb2.

Edit: For what it's worth, low calorie drinks help me a lot too: flavored sparkling water, coffee (mostly decaf), different teas, and sometimes diet soda.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Throwing this out there. I eat two, sometimes three solid meals a day and have never felt the need to snack. I'm too full to need to eat between meals.

But if you need to snack, there is air-popped popcorn, sugar free gum or a diet soda.

I hope this helps.
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jello is also great
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    babybel cheese rounds or string cheese, excellent because they are already packaged to go and give some satiety with their fat & protein.

For an unusual veggie snack I recently discovered eating daikon radishes, I like the crisp taste and tangy heat.
    I chop off a few disks and throw in a zip lock

slice-daikon-radish-cooking-44453264.jpg
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    For an unusual veggie snack I recently discovered eating daikon radishes, I like the crisp taste and tangy heat.
    I chop off a few disks and throw in a zip lock

slice-daikon-radish-cooking-44453264.jpg
    I freakin love daikon. Have you ever had pickled daikon? You can toss thin pieces of daikon into vinegar with salt and whatever spices you want (and a tiny bit of sugar if you like a bit of sweetness), for like 10 minutes. Then snack away.

I also use this method for onions and carrots to put on salads.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream - half a pint has only 120 calories. I also love Yoplait Protein Greek Yogurt. It only has 100 calories. I love popcorn. Snacks 101 makes a really good popcorn that is popped in coconut oil
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Here's what I usually eat for snacks:
    •String cheese (70 cal)
    •Cottage Cheese (110 cal)
    •Yogurt (125 cal)
    •Rice Pudding (120 cal)
    •Homemade Granola Bar (190 cal)
    •Cheddar Pretzels with Laughing Cow Cheese (145 cal)
    •Boiled egg or half an egg salad sandwich (70 cal/180 cal)
    •Vanilla Ice cream with hand cut strawberries (150 cal)
    •Packet of oatmeal made with milk (170 cal)

I like my oatmeal with sliced apple pieces. I will usually have a little side of fruit/veggie mix with most of these snacks. (Grapes/Grape Tomatoes/Pineapple/Baby Carrots/etc)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Chobani Simply 100 "Crunch" yogurt bowls
    A bag of Boom Chicka Pop (single serving size for convenience)
    Baby carrots with hummus
    I have 100 calorie packs of cashews, almonds, and 150 calorie packs of Dark Chocolate Almonds
    I am going to be making some fat bombs and protein balls today
    a 6oz container of raspberries is 90 calories
    hard boiled egg
    Sargento Balanced Break bowls - they are a bit higher on the calories at 170-190 depending on which variety you get
  • zheeduh
    zheeduh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of a few foods that have almost no calories.

On top of that, I like honeycrisp apples (which are very filling for me), eggs, baby carrots, and turkey breast (yep, I just eat it straight up).

I would stay away from most granola bars and carbs, because they're not really that low in calories, despite how healthy they seem.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Jerky keeps me full for awhile
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn – – hey! It's a whole grain! – – With a couple of spritzes of olive oil and as much nutritional yeast as the popcorn will hold.

Veggies and homemade hummous.

Cold roasted cauliflower. Roasted with olive oil and lemon juice.

Chips and bean dip when I'm really craving something junkie. I make big batches of my own refried beans using a small amount of virgin coconut oil to sauté the onions. It doesn't take much to give the beans The flavor boost that they get from loads of lard. Stir some beans up with some salsa, and if you're up for it a little low-fat mozzarella cheese. Scoop them up with baked Tostitos scoops. Perhaps a little higher on the calorie count but it's very filling and fulfilling.

There used to be this fabulous party food that everyone made where are you smeared softened cream cheese onto a plate then poured on cocktail sauce and covered it with little baby shrimp. You eat it with chips. Oh my God it was amazing! I make a version of that using 0% Fage topped with salsa, and scooped up with veggies. It feels pretty decadent to sit down with a plate of that!

Turnips sliced thin--cold, crunchy, and just moist enough to give a satisfying spray when you bite into them. Carrot coins (my inner child loves them way more than carrot sticks).

A slice of good quality turkey breast deli meat rolled up in an iceberg lettuce leaf.

Cold cooked green beans. Or cold cooked green beans cut up into 1 inch pieces and tossed with some chopped red sweet pepper whatever vinegar is around in a little splash of olive oil, salt and pepper. I can nosh on that all day!

• bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I put a Yoplait 90 calorie 6 oz yogurt container in the freezer and let if freeze. I take it out when I need a snack and is just as satisfying as ice creme.