Diet help!!!

Options
Hi I'm struggling...
I train 5/6 times a week(classes) that last 45 minutes, I eat 50g of crabs 50g fat and aim for protein to be higher , I'm suppose to eat 1,400 calories it says on this app but I only eat 1,000 I find I can't eat anymore I don't be hungry I've lost 1stone 10pounds in 3 months.. should I be trying to eat more even if I'm not hungry I'm 20 years old I've had a baby 10 months ago still have a sagging belly see no improvement only weight lose? I've always ate healthy enough but I went extremely big whilst pregnant so I had a lot of weight too lose? Should I be eating more anyone any advice

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is not enough.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be eating more. 1200 net calories minimum, if not your goal. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • Shannoconnor
    Shannoconnor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Yes, you should be eating more. 1200 net calories minimum, if not your goal. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
    this link is great thank you
  • Shannoconnor
    Options
    I know it's not enough but I feel I'm just not hungry to eat anymore, but I know it's doing more damage then good

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I know it's not enough but I feel I'm just not hungry to eat anymore, but I know it's doing more damage then good

How did you get fat if you can't eat more than 1000 calories?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Eat calorie dense foods, avocados and nuts are good.
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Maybe she is eating foods that are high in satiety.
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh wait nvm made a mistake lol whoops
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Rude...you obviously didn't read the post to its entirety... she also just had a baby so probably put on some weight from that...
    I can eat a lot of calories when I'm being unhealthy.. like for a few months I binged and ate an average of 2500-3000 calories a day and put on so much weight. But am like her... for the most part I can't eat more than 1000-1100 calories a day when being healthy. I'm just not as hungry.

• Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Do your classes include weight lifting? If it is just a cardio class start doing strength exercises. It'll help tone a little bit.. the good thing is you are so young your body should be able to bounce back... you may have to work a little harder because you have had a baby but you can do it!!
  • CoastalKatnip
    CoastalKatnip Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling you are talking about. Those days I do as best as I can. Eat nuts since they are higher in calories and good numbers. Eat protein or even fruits. Some days it is not about how much you eat but what you eat. The feeling will pass and if you have the eat healthy mindset already in place it will be easier.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Misskcm wrote: »

Rude...you obviously didn't read the post to its entirety... she also just had a baby so probably put on some weight from that...
    I can eat a lot of calories when I'm being unhealthy.. like for a few months I binged and ate an average of 2500-3000 calories a day and put on so much weight. But am like her... for the most part I can't eat more than 1000-1100 calories a day when being healthy. I'm just not as hungry.

It can be a useful question, though. You have to take it more as a zen koan designed to make someone puzzle out what's going on. Obviously something has changed in the OP's eating habits, whether it's trying to eat super lean or unconsciously turning down their hunger signals or filling up on high volume foods. By looking back on what and how they were eating before, they might be able to pick and choose some old foods or habits to help them eat more now.
  • Shannoconnor
    Options

Because I had a baby and the whole pregnancy I ate and ate , then when I had the baby I ordered take aways because I was exhausted from being up with a baby all night , so I decided enough was enough and started dieting in January, before I got pregnant I ate pretty healthy the way I am now, but just not hungry enough to eat anymore that's my point I know I have to cause it will cause health problems this is why I asked

• Shannoconnor
    Options
    Misskcm wrote: »
    Do your classes include weight lifting? If it is just a cardio class start doing strength exercises. It'll help tone a little bit.. the good thing is you are so young your body should be able to bounce back... you may have to work a little harder because you have had a baby but you can do it!!
    I do strength and conditioning classes every sat and Sunday , I guess it is harder for women who have had baby's and I just need to accept that lol, thanks for you help wish you luck with your diet!

• seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your body may be retaining what it can bc you aren't giving it it enough to burn. 1200-1450 cals a day will jump start you. The body will begin to burn more bc it won't feel like it is being starved regardless if you don't feel like you can't eat anymore... also, even if you feel you can't eat past 1 wheat waffle with 1 tbs. pb and 1/2 an apple for breakfast, then you will also want to make yourself eat every 2 hrs. It will generate hunger.