Vitims (sp)

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
Alright so I have a question about vitims. I have been taking women one a day. Does anyone else take them and when do you take them normally or when is the best time to take them. I know i had more questions but can't think of them right now. Any information would be great. Thank you

Replies

• j_g4ever
    Options
    Alright so I have a question about vitims. I have been taking women one a day. Does anyone else take them and when do you take them normally or when is the best time to take them. I know i had more questions but can't think of them right now. Any information would be great. Thank you
  • rosered51
    Options
    I take several vitamins every day. I take them first thing in the morning when I get up before breakfast...don't know if that's the "right" way or not...but that way I make them a priority and I don't forget them.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend taking them with food, whenever you do take them. Sometimes the iron in multivitamins can upset your stomach or cause constipation. I usually take mine in the morning but I forget a lot and take them later in the day. It really doesn't make much of a difference when you take them. :smile:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I have been taking Vitamin B6 for metabolism support. Honestly, I don't know if it is working or not, just decided to give it a try. :smile: I do need to get a good multi-vitamin though. I have just always heard such conflicting reviews on vitamins - that they really don't dissolve, your body doesn't absorb everything right, etc. Just always left question marks in my head!!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm an Exercise and Wellness major and talk about this type of stuff daily. It does not matter the time of day, but in all reality if you are eating healthy and the correct types of food each day ...meaning not eating your calories in chocolate and eating all your veggies and fruits, than you don't even need a vitamin. Sometimes too much of something is a bad thing... Also be careful with calcium supplements as too much can cause kidney stones. Both of my Sisters were taking Viactiv, which is a supplement for calcium and both ended up with kidney stones.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm an Exercise and Wellness major and talk about this type of stuff daily. It does not matter the time of day, but in all reality if you are eating healthy and the correct types of food each day ...meaning not eating your calories in chocolate and eating all your veggies and fruits, than you don't even need a vitamin. Sometimes too much of something is a bad thing... Also be careful with calcium supplements as too much can cause kidney stones. Both of my Sisters were taking Viactiv, which is a supplement for calcium and both ended up with kidney stones.

I always figured the key nutrient theory assumed that diet wasn't hypocaloric. I don't think there's as much of a risk of ODing on miconutrients when you're in a deficit, and I don't think the One A Days have 100% of much of anything. That is really a bummer about your poor sisters though! I hope they're feeling better.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options

I always figured the key nutrient theory assumed that diet wasn't hypocaloric. I don't think there's as much of a risk of ODing on miconutrients when you're in a deficit, and I don't think the One A Days have 100% of much of anything. That is really a bummer about your poor sisters though! I hope they're feeling better.

I agree! :smile: Yet...when creating a deficit, one should still get the recommended amount of vegetables, fruits, grains, and so on. I believe One A Days are a great source for things one might not get in a diet, especially the ones made just for women!
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I have been taking a multivitamin for years. Always first thing in the morning with breakfast. I do recommend taking your pills with food, since most pills can upset the stomach if taken on an empty stomach. If I am feeling like I am getting a cold, or I know I am around people who are sick, I will take a Vitamin C every day as well for a couple weeks. Vitamins are always good!!:flowerforyou:

109912.png
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I have to literally take a multi-vitamin in the middle of my breakfast or I feel like I'm suffocating and nauseous. I eat half my breakfast, take the pill, then eat the other half.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I take my multi-vitamin in the evening time, as my doctor told me that the calcium in it can decrease the effectiveness of the thyroid medication that I take every morning...so check with your doctor about which vitamins will be best for you and if there could be any complications with any existing meds you take.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I take my multi-vitamin in the evening time, as my doctor told me that the calcium in it can decrease the effectiveness of the thyroid medication that I take every morning...so check with your doctor about which vitamins will be best for you and if there could be any complications with any existing meds you take.

Thanks for this advice im also on thyroid meds. I have always taken my vitamins at night before I go to bed. I like the vitamin C idea also I might have to go get some of those. I have been sick a lot lately.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

my goodness, how much calcium were they taking? my aunties have always taken calcium supplements (500mg) per day as they tend to have minimal cheese and maybe a glass of soy milk a day 9both lactose intolerant). Were they otherwise having a higher diet of dairy products where they would get adequate calcium from?

I ask because I was thinking of moving my mom's calcium supplement from 500mg to 1000mg as she does not drink milk except a bit in her coffee and has maybe 1 serving of cheese per day.

we're just not a big dairy family. we probably get most of our calcium from leafy greens :tongue: