Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Results?

Options
Has anyone completed Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution?

There are a few boards on MFP, but they seem pretty dated, looking to see if anyone has recently done this program. Ive also googled a lot of reviews, but like I said, everything seems a bit dated.

I am 6 weeks in, and running a little thin on motivation for working out 6 days a week. Its good, but after this is done I will probably cut back to 4 days a week. I enjoy being active outside, and doing other things outside of the home which is hard to do when glued to the TV for these workouts. I started as a total beginner. Out of shape, constantly out of breath. Now, I feel a bit like I could consider myself an advanced beginner.

I have yet to see a loss in weight, but have had a little loss in inches at the hips. Thats what matters anyway. Pants fit better, shirts look a heck of a lot better. Seeing some definition in my shoulders and arms.

Ran a 5k and PR'ed by 5 mins, so something is definitely happening here even though I am only 6 weeks in.

I cant wait to see the end results, and hoping someone can share theirs with me.

Replies

• Alexis3783
    Alexis3783 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing body revolution and am on week 3, not seeing a move on the scales yet but cracking on with it!!!
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Alexis3783 wrote: »
    I am doing body revolution and am on week 3, not seeing a move on the scales yet but cracking on with it!!!

You may not see the scale move much, but I can PROMISE you will see some changes of some sort in inches!

I am halfway through Week 6 now, and have finally started seeing notable changes. Ive had many people comment on how I look better prior, but now I can actually see it myself too. Its an amazing feeling.

Keep up the good work! If I can do this, you surely can!
  • mollsrubes
    mollsrubes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start on Monday. I did it probably 4 years ago and liked it a lot. I also have Bodyshred,but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I have about 30lbs to lose don't now. Is there a body revolution forum we could join? Thanks!!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    mollsrubes wrote: »
    I'm going to start on Monday. I did it probably 4 years ago and liked it a lot. I also have Bodyshred,but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I have about 30lbs to lose don't now. Is there a body revolution forum we could join? Thanks!!

I just finished week 2 of body revolution. I've been doing Jillian workouts since last July and love them. I would love to check in with you!

• RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week ten tomorrow, I also do a 2 hour hike everyday and a half hour cross training session so not sure what my results would have been just doing body rev. I'm down 20lbs and about ten inches all over (combined)
  • kenzienal
    Options
    I completed Weeks 1-8 no problem, and really enjoyed it. Like a lot.

Phase 3 is not my favorite, and I am reaching a limit of being able to stay inside and workout when its SO nice outside.

I had to take a break, though. I was losing my mind, so I only completed half of Week 10. It wasnt that workouts 9 & 10 were too hard to do, they were certainly doable, I just honestly needed a break. Physically and mentally.

Taking that 4 day break though helped me drop down another 3lbs, so I am glad I listened to my body. I had been so exhausted and stressed, and now I feel very refreshed!

Tonight I will start Week 11, and hopefully complete the next two weeks with no issue.

After this, no more home DVD workouts for me, or atleast the ones that go over 30 days.
  • BGingerTX
    BGingerTX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just received mine from Amazon today! I also found a lot of the reviews and message boards to be a bit dated. I’d like to hear how everyone’s results were.
  • kenzienal
    Options
    BGingerTX wrote: »
    I just received mine from Amazon today! I also found a lot of the reviews and message boards to be a bit dated. I’d like to hear how everyone’s results were.

It was okay. I just learned that I am not cut out for DVD workouts. I stuck with it religiously for 10 weeks, but then was burnt out. I did see some changes, but my weight didnt move much.

I wish I had taken accurate measurements before and after. It helped me knock 5 minutes off my best 5k time though!