Turning 50 in a couple of days...looking for friends

Options
Hey there,

Been a member on mfp for over 6 years, I log in daily (yes, daily). Lost 100 pounds my first year and kept it off until this past year....I have 20 pounds to lose again. That lovely time of life, combined with orthopedic issues have contributed to the gain. I'm fighting hard to drop the 20 to 30 I want to lose and it's SO difficult now. I'd love to have some supportive friends.

Replies

• cjtorraco
    cjtorraco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been back and forth on MFP ...lose a little, and then stop tracking. I know the key is tracking...and also working out.. but with a bad knee i have a real hard time getting any workouts in. This past few months I have not done much of anything but eat... and quickly put on another 10 lbs. It needs to stop, i need to kick the sugar/carb thing and it is very very hard. I have previously lost 100 lbs on WW and Jenny Craig in the years past.. but of course it all came back. Any support and motivation is appreciated. Good for you for keeping (most) of the weight off,... that is an accomplishment for sure.. even if you have to struggle with those pesky 20 lbs. It just takes hard work and commitment which i am trying to convince myself of. Good luck.
  • asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am back for the 3rd time . I find it helps more when I'm on MFP. I have digestive issues and have trouble with what works and what doesn't. Would love to have support too and support others .
  • ChevyChey
    ChevyChey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    50+ also looking for friends for motivation :)
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll be 49 this year and trying to loose weight AGAIN. Really have to loose it and keep it off this time due to health issues.
    Would love to find some friends to help keep each other on track.
    Shonat, France
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I AM 50! It's really not so horrible! Celebrated my milestone in August...and am focused now on getting in the best shape ever for the next half of my life. I'm happy to help motivate and support!
  • DianeCTC
    DianeCTC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and starting again to lose weight! I need to lose at least 70 but ideally 80 lbs!!! So any help and motivation would be great!! I would love to be able to help anyone as well! We can motivate and inspire each other!!
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im 49 and need to lose 80 pounds. I also need to become much more active. Id love to have some MFP friends for support and encouragement ☺ and will do my best to support and encourage ya'll too! I havent been a part of a MFP group before. Will it be a group or is everyone going to just add each other to their friend's list?
    I logged my food today and stayed within my calorie goal. Also did a ton of walking at the mall. This is the start of my success story!
  • krissie8882017
    krissie8882017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 50 and loving it so far.

Want to lose 20+lbs and getting to know new friends along the way would be wonderful ❤️

Managing to log my food honestly for a little over two weeks and it does help,

Good luck everyone x