how to stop night snacking?

Options
i do pretty well over the day, i eat my planned meals and do my exercise, but then... i lay in bed and im bored/watching a series and i just want to eat unhealthy foods, i try to eat vegetables before like cucumber or carrots but mostly i still eat chocolate, white bread, chips or gummy bears.

Replies

• momandhercoffee
    momandhercoffee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I craved my Doritos last night! But going without sucks, so tonight I'm leaving enough calories to have some kind of treat :)

I'm not sure what the answer is, but my own options for the snacks were eat, replace, or go without.
  • pinklife1117
    pinklife1117 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sweets at night ugh idk some nights I lose the battle but I usually expect the craving so I have some free calories below my calorie goal to have a small treat (dark chocolate)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Save room for it, or choose lower calorie options if there isn't much room. I have a dessert every night.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I craved my Doritos last night! But going without sucks, so tonight I'm leaving enough calories to have some kind of treat :)

I'm not sure what the answer is, but my own options for the snacks were eat, replace, or go without.

Maybe don't buy those items for a while until you break the habit?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    propritize. Find a snack you want each morning and plan enough calories in whether it be from walking more exercisign a bit more in the gym or just smaller portions for dinner/skipping breakfast. Knowing i get that treat at night helps a ton with my snacking through the day i just daydream about that 1 snack. Dont need to eat everything in sight, Find the best. Dont eat crappy chocolate either, Invest in solid quality and have a few pieces at night. Its your amazing snack, make it amazing. Sit your butt down and savour every little bite

I found id prefer delicious dark chocolate in some greek yogurt with peanut butter over pretty much anything. Made my snack healthy....maintained its delicious...and bulked it out with greek yogurt for protein.

Do that.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Each night I have a small slice of my wheat bread with a big dollop of peanut butter which, I have found, serves quite well to satisfy my appetite and end the eating for the day. That's how I plan, do, and win with nighttime snacking. I started doing this as part of a cunning plan to promote EPOC with a 50% fat post-exercise meal. I discovered the satiating result of it and now eat that with or without exercise.
  • yanicmyock
    yanicmyock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey, thank you very much for these answers. i think if i save space for these snacks it could help me (:
  • pinklife1117
    Options
    One treat I've been doing lately is chia seeds, ground flax seed, honey, and peanut butter balls. Very small balls but it gives u the indulgence feeling but ur getting protein and good fats with the chia seeds and ground flax seed!
  • pinklife1117
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I eat a whole medium tub of Fage 0% with cocoa powder and Walden Farms syrup, or a whole pint of Halo Top. Both under 300 calories. I like volume. No little peanut butter balls for me.

Very true! Some days u need the volume for that mental satisfaction
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I eat a whole medium tub of Fage 0% with cocoa powder and Walden Farms syrup, or a whole pint of Halo Top. Both under 300 calories. I like volume. No little peanut butter balls for me.

Very true! Some days u need the volume for that mental satisfaction

#everyday
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I save my calories so ok can have some of this just because I know I will snack.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth after my last meal. It helps keep me from eating more
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this too! What helps is logging it earlier and eating it later so you planned for it or just going to bed lol. If your asleep you can't eat!
  • yanicmyock
    yanicmyock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

big problem woth this is that i dont live alone^^
    but i think i can still try to do this in a smaller extend
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Adjust what you eat during the day so you can still eat those things lol.

If you don't WANT to eat those things, find low cal options and substitutes.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    nFoooo wrote: »
    Wake up earlier and go to bed earlier is also a trick, if you are sleeping you can't be snacking!

I do this too. Up at 5 and to bed at 9. And cardio is an appetite suppressant, so I often eat early and go for a run in the evening...bath and brush teeth afterwards.