i want to puke! :(

Options
PeachesNcreamgal
PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
edited April 2017 in Motivation and Support
I have had a sh!tty month-diet wise and gained 2 kgs! And haven't been spot on with my workouts. The thing is i live in a tropical climate and its summertime here so I can't run so stick to walking. But i feel its not enough. Please give me tips on portion control and how to stop this binge?
P.S I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and drink. 10 glasses of water.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just do it? Not sure what we can tell you that will force you to eat less. Log everything. Pre-log when you can and stick to your plan. Eat mindfully, not mindlessly. Fruits and veggies are great! Just remember they have calories too. Protein and grains and nuts and dairy are equally great.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why can't you run? The heat isn't an excuse...

I find pre planning/pre logging meals helps with portion control, even moreso if you can prep your meals in advance so they're ready. If you know you have food ready, you might be less likely to eat more of something else.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    2 kg. Pshaw! I can gain that in one hour. You're probably exceeding your macro goal for carbs and that's likely why you continue to binge. How are you doing for reaching your macro goals of protein, and fat?
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    I have a mostly plant based diet so get my proteins only from eggs. I recently quit meat(chicken) because I had a horrible experience. So now the sight of chicken makes me want to throw up. I pre log everything and cook my meals from scratch. All healthy stuff like vegetable and *kitten* but end up binging on sweets and fried snacks
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    The heat is a valid excuse coz its humid here 36°C last time I checked!! I feel like passing out in the evening when I try to run so go in the mornings but I can only walk coz its balmy!!
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    You need to stop the excuses. Stop over eating. Make the fried snacks and sweets fit your calories.

People run marathons in deserts.

You do realise that only ultra marathoners and iron man type of people can do that lol. Run in the deserts i mean. I am not making excuses. I really love running as it keeps my weight in control but i do feel like fainting in this type of weather
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You need to stop the excuses. Stop over eating. Make the fried snacks and sweets fit your calories.

You do realise that only ultra marathoners and iron man type of people can do that lol. Run in the deserts i mean. I am not making excuses. I really love running as it keeps my weight in control but i do feel like fainting in this type of weather

People run where I am all summer... It gets over 40 C. So stay hydrated, maintain your electrolytes, and fuel your runs.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

You've not been on many running forums then, people just run early or late and stay hydrated.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    No i admit i am not a veteran runner and have no in-depth knowledge about running. All the information I have is from mfp. That's how i got into running. But do recommend some sites that might be helpful.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    I also carry a 1 litre water bottle with me to keep hydrated
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Op doesn't want to run in the heat. Fair enough.Doesn't sound like an excuse to me.
    Op you could try running at a time of day when it's less hot. Or try another activity such as swimming? Plus you say you're drinking lots of water;are you also getting enough salt/sodium?
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have had a sh!tty month-diet wise and gained 2 kgs! And haven't been spot on with my workouts. The thing is i live in a tropical climate and its summertime here so I can't run so stick to walking. But i feel its not enough. Please give me tips on portion control and how to stop this binge?

#1, seek professional help if you feel that food and weight issues are ruining your life. I wasted 30 years on eating disorder issues, black and white rigid thinking, and guilt and shame. Please don't let this happen to you. (Apologies in advance if this doesn't apply to you, but words like "puke" and "binge" just resonate like that with me because of my own history.)

#2 Be kind and loving with yourself, and forgiving of mistakes.

#3 I also hate moving around in hot sticky weather. Do you have access to a pool or an air conditioned gym?

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Pre log your day.

There's plenty of other stuff you can do instead of walking... be creative!

If the bingeing is because you're eating your feelings, maybe you need to figure out other ways of dealing with stuff?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    How much coconut milk are you using in your recipes?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    How much coconut milk are you using in your recipes?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Um no. I have never tasted coconut milk.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

#1, seek professional help if you feel that food and weight issues are ruining your life. I wasted 30 years on eating disorder issues, black and white rigid thinking, and guilt and shame. Please don't let this happen to you. (Apologies in advance if this doesn't apply to you, but words like "puke" and "binge" just resonate like that with me because of my own history.)

#2 Be kind and loving with yourself, and forgiving of mistakes.

#3 I also hate moving around in hot sticky weather. Do you have access to a pool or an air conditioned gym?

Down 140lbs: My story.

Yourr story is amazing. Your pics are awesome! <3

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I live in the high desert. 40 C on the daily during the summer...I run at night. U can make it work if you think running will help you reach your goals. And you can start with walk-jog, if you're new or haven't done it in awhile. Doing too much at once can be frustrating and cause a rage quit!
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    Options
    I am not new to running. I have been running since August 2015. Its just the harsh weather sets me back. Maybe some people are right. I am full of excuses lol. But i did attempt to run in the evening but I felt dizzy :'(