Sweet breakfasts high in protein/fats

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm finding it pretty hard to hit my protein and fat goals. One of the reasons for that is probably that I'm really not a lover of the savory breakfasts... So no eggs and avocado's for me. I really enjoy my oatmeal with fruit, but as you know, that's carbs all the way.
I was wondering if anyone can give me some inspiration on sweet breakfasts that contain a decent amount of protein and/or fat? Doesn't have to be low-carb, necessarily :) It would really help me to imrove my macro's!

Merci beaucoup!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    What about Greek yogurt? You can still have your oatmeal (some people add a protein powder to it), follow by a cup of plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit.
  • lauraaltman1
    lauraaltman1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add chia seeds to your oatmeal and or a nut butter and enjoy!!! Walnuts are great in oatmeal!
  • Elerian
    Elerian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try some chia seed breakfasts. Chia is high in protein and if you make it the night before ends up almost a pudding consistency.

Before bed make this:
    (1 serving)
    2 Tbsp chia seeds
    2 Tbsp whole oats
    1/2 cup to 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
    stir very very well. Let it sit while...
    warm 1 cup frozen blueberries in microwave for 2 mins (if you warm it you get more juices)
    Stir really well into chia mixture

It will turn purple. Put a lid on, toss it in the fridge.
    Next morning I add 1/2 sliced banana and a bit of warm almond milk or any other combination of stuff you want. Peanut butter and banana are good.

For a chocolate chia pudding add cocoa and sweetener.

Chia is highly highly absorbent. So the more liquid you use the more 'pudding' like it is. They literally soften and fill up with the liquid you mix it with so it creates a gel like substance.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can add vanilla protein powder to your oatmeal, or do a side of maple breakfast sausage. If you like pancakes, you can try Kodiak protein cakes. I like to do those with some added vanilla protein powder, made using eggs, and I add some cinnamon and blueberries as well.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Proats. Oatmeal mixed with protein powder and peanut butter and then throw some things like nuts or coconut flakes on top. You can stir in same maple syrup or honey.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i've heard of oatmeal with egg whites or oatmeal with protein powder.
    you can also add in plant-based milk, seeds, and nut butter or pb2.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    3 ingredient banana pancakes (eggs, banana, baking powder, or look up recipes) with peanut butter. You can also add some maple syrup or honey to sweeten. My kids love these with crunchy peanut butter or nutella.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Protein waffle with butter!! And some walnuts- I made it this morning and so good :-)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I second the peanut butter recommendation. Mixing in 1-2 tbs will jack up both your fat and protein.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Protein pancakes - I use egg whites, protein powder, zucchini, oats..

Spread butter or Pb on for fats, or use whole eggs.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    http://wholefully.com/2016/03/07/8-classic-overnight-oats-recipes-you-should-try/?m

Overnight oats give me the "dessert for breakfast" feeling with a reasonable amount of protein, fat, and fiber. Adding cocoa and peanut butter makes it extra good for you. ;)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I add a half scoop of chocolate protein powder and some PB to oatmeal! Ups your fats and protein right off the bat. Besides that, some vanilla protein powder in oatmeal + fruit would also be good!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Coffee with coconut oil powder + quest protein shake made w/splash of unsweetened coconut milk + flat-out flax fold-its with almond butter. 300 cals and it's a perfect fit to my macros 40/30/30.
  • roserly
    roserly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Protein shake! Or chia seed pudding. Its sweet and has decent protein.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Add protein powder to something.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I add vanilla protein powder into my oatmeal to give it a huge protein boost! Sometimes add powdered peanut butter too :smile: