Favorite ways to season vegetables...

Options
I love to cook fresh veggies, but I always seem to season them the same way, and its getting kinda dull. So, I thought I'd see if I could get some new ideas to try. Here's a few of my normal pairings:

string beans w/a little bit of curry powder
broccoli w/salt & garlic powder
cauliflower w/ olive oil and Parmesan cheese

What do you do...

Replies

• mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I love to cook fresh veggies, but I always seem to season them the same way, and its getting kinda dull. So, I thought I'd see if I could get some new ideas to try. Here's a few of my normal pairings:

string beans w/a little bit of curry powder
    broccoli w/salt & garlic powder
    cauliflower w/ olive oil and Parmesan cheese

What do you do...
  • beagle595
    Options
    I love 1 tablespoon of Virgin Olive Oil and 3 small cloves of garlic sauted... Then toss 14 oz bag of freshly steamed green beans into the pan with the garlic oil. Then I season with "No Salt" Brand...
    Just plain salt and fresh ground pepper is good. I will try Curry next time on my beans, sound yummy!
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    Call me Mr. Plain Jane but I prefer my veggies steamed just a little no butter and if anything at all a little salt, but usually just plain. That is for cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn, etc.

Corn on the cob needs to be drowned in butter and pepper though.

Carrots raw. potatoes smashed with tobasco.

But seriously, I prefer just a little steam and nothing else. Guess I am weird...
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options

Carrots raw. potatoes smashed with tobasco.

Potatoes with tobasco? mmmmm. I love my veggies to have a bit of a kick. I'll have to try that.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I love dryed basil with carrots.

mix alittle butter with salt, pepper, alittle lime juice & chopped fresh cilantro for corn on the cob. It would probably be good on kernel corn to.

Fresh rosemary & thyme (lemon thyme is very good) on roasted root vegetables.

Some evoo with minced garlic, mix into your green beans then grill.

Minced garlic & red pepper flakes with alitttle evoo for broccoli.

Sauted peppers, red, yellow, orange in evoo and near the end add a little balsamic vinegar. Let it cook down. These are great in a salad or sandwich.
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    I love Potatoes with tobasco it is so good!!! mmmmm :tongue:
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have done this with green beans and broccoli and both were awesome.

1 tsp of olive oil and 2 - 3 cloves of garlic till tender then add a little soy sauce and a little lemon juice. Make enough to get a fair coat on the veggies. toss veggies around in sauce and serve Its great.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    Lemon juice sprinkled on steamed broccoli....yummmmm:tongue: