Boobie Blues

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    My body does change when I maintain and I swear some of the redistributing it does puts fat back on my boobs! When I'm losing my waist isn't as curvy. When I maintain for a bit everything catches up with itself and my waist returns to its usual hourglass definition. During those times my boobs also creep back up a cup. It's the oddest thing.

That said, I wouldn't be sad if they stayed a bit more shrunk. They are quite the hindrance in many ways when larger!

That is interesting!
    Mine are starting to shrink now, which is one reason why I try not to lose any more weight when I get to this weight even though my body fat is still higher than I'd like it to be. I would *love* to be able to move belly fat somewhere else. Heck, maybe to my calves; they have always been scrawny. I could use calf implants. ;)
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Build your chest muscles. You can't redistribute fat to your chest, but you can prop them up with pectoral muscles which will make them look better in clothing

It's all genetics and age, not much you can do about it but being healthy and fit is way more important. Plus they make padded bras which cost way less than surgery
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear about people with B cups complain. Talk to me when you can't fill out a A cup and your belly sticks out as far as your chest. :disappointed:

OP - I hope you know I'm joking. I'm sorry for your loss.

My belly does stick out further than my chest, haha. :D
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,133 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm down from a 34 DD to a 32 D...so frustrating to try to find bras in 30 or 32 bands that are larger than an A or B cup. It's almost like the bra industry doesn't want you losing weight and only wants you in larger sized bras. It's very odd because every other time I've ever lost weight I went down significantly in cup sizes too, so this is a new problem for me. I've been wearing a 34C as a 'sister' size, but the bands are slipping and sliding because I can't get them tight enough on the last clasp (probably because I'm more like a 31 band). I guess I need to start special ordering them now that I'm fully into maintenance...blargh...or just wear sports bras all the time (which is what I do most of the time right now)...funny though, sports bras don't really cut it when I need to dress up. :/
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I'm very close to my goal weight (BMI 22.7) and eating at maintenance. I'm very happy to have lost 2 inches on my hips and waist but not so thrilled to be measuring at a 30B bra size. I've had two babies and nursed each for quite a while, weaning the youngest in October so I haven't been a B in a long time. They are practically not even there in most of the clothes I own.

Anyway, I still have a bit of a 'fat pillow' around my belly button area. Is there any chance the fat could migrate up (or even down to my hips) if I maintain for a while?

Unfortunately what happens to the "girls" has a lot to do with genetics and how your body is made and much, much less to do with what you do.

I have the exact opposite problem. Every time I go down a band size I go up a cup size. It is getting harder and harder to find bras.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm down from a 34 DD to a 32 D...so frustrating to try to find bras in 30 or 32 bands that are larger than an A or B cup. It's almost like the bra industry doesn't want you losing weight and only wants you in larger sized bras. It's very odd because every other time I've ever lost weight I went down significantly in cup sizes too, so this is a new problem for me. I've been wearing a 34C as a 'sister' size, but the bands are slipping and sliding because I can't get them tight enough on the last clasp (probably because I'm more like a 31 band). I guess I need to start special ordering them now that I'm fully into maintenance...blargh...or just wear sports bras all the time (which is what I do most of the time right now)...funny though, sports bras don't really cut it when I need to dress up. :/

Try SOMA (Women's Lingerie, Bras, Panties, Swimwear & More - https://www.soma.com Customer service 866-768-7662). They have 32 bras in all sizes.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I wonder if a plastic surgeon would take the fat from my belly and move it to my boobs.

they can and do. it's something i've looked into (OP my boobies are even smaller than yours!) unfortunately only around 50% of the fat "takes" to the area, the rest is metabolized so multiple treatments are required. AND there's some issues with the skin on breasts being very thin with hormonal changes (for example, pregnancy and the pill) which can cause easier scaring patterns. i've seen some gnarly pin-prick scars from the hundreds of small injection sites.

As far as i'm concerned you can either deal with the boobs you have and learn to embrace them, or you can get breast implants which have been damn-near perfected in the surgical field.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Try SOMA (Women's Lingerie, Bras, Panties, Swimwear & More - https://www.soma.com Customer service 866-768-7662). They have 32 bras in all sizes.

TFW you're a 30b.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

They do not have my cup size. Most stop around DD but a few go up to H. I wear a "I"
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

TFW you're a 30b.

Could you please translate your answer for me? I am not too savvy in internet slang ;) . Thank you!
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was always a B-. I started benching heavy and high rep. I'm a B+ now. It's really developed pec muscle, but it looks like boob in a bra.
  • rainbowbow
    edited April 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

TFW you're a 30b.

Could you please translate your answer for me? I am not too savvy in internet slang ;) . Thank you!

The original poster said she is a size "30b". The link you referenced starts their band sizes at 32. In other words, they don't even go small enough carry her size.

TFW means "that feel when..."

Ps I wear a 28 or 30 band as well and most places don't even carry my size in stores.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    B is for Beautiful. :wink:
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @rainbowbow
    Thank you, go it!
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Little boobs here...

I love mine! I don't have to worry about anything falling out! They don't get in the way when I am bending over. And I don't catch as many people treating me poorly for wearing low cut shirts (used to happen more often when I had bigger ones). I can even go braless and some people don't notice (saving money and feeling a little risqué).

Embrace your new bod!
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try out some new clothes for your new shape. A lot of clothes look great on smaller boobs and terrible on bigger ones. Someone also mentioned strengthening your pecs, which I agree with. My boobs always look better when I've been sticking to my upper body strengthening exercises.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen!! lol
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I wish the flab would migrate upward. I have gone from a 40DDD to a 32DD. I'm still 4 pounds from my goal, so it's possible I'll wind up in a D cup. My cup size didn't start going down until the last 15 pounds or so. And I've also still got the belly fat that hangs over my waistband. My husband says that my boobs now stick out more than my belly does, whereas before I lost weight, they were about the same. I guess that's something?

@b3achy and others looking for a small band/large cup, try Panache. The smallest bra they sell is a 28D.
  • lisa8454
    lisa8454 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Nordstrom online; they have band sizes down to 28, and cup sizes up to K, even in the small band sizes. They're expensive, though, usually above $50; I think the bras in those sizes are European brands. (30D here -- and that D looks mighty tiny.)

Interesting what VintageFeline said about her figure shape changing depending on whether in a weight loss phase or a maintenance phase. Perhaps there's something going on with hormones, with testosterone being higher during weight loss, and estrogen getting a better hold on things in maintenance? Pure speculation here; I am not a scientist. For a couple years I was on spironolactone for acne, which is an androgen blocker; one of the side effects was a larger bust. Certain foods have a similar blocking effect on androgens, like spearmint tea (you can search pubmed and find the research). Hmmm, maybe going heavy on the spearmint tea would help the bust situation....

Not that I would try it. I like having a smaller bust now, even if my husband isn't thrilled. It makes me feel more agile, less weighed-down, and I can run and jump around without discomfort.
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Before I lost weight I was a 36C (the band was tight, I probably could have been a 38) and now I'm about a 34B. But at least my gut isn't giant like it was before (although after having two kids it'll never look like it did in my 20's) and I lost almost 4 inches off each thigh and I have a waist again. I guess it's just something that happens to some of us. My husband doesn't even really care and I'll never shell out the money for implants. I just buy padded bras.