please don't laugh - I lost a pound! LOL

Options
2Bgoddess
2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
Seriously, I have had some trouble lately! a while back i managed to loose 25 pounds, took nearly a YEAR.7 weeks ago my weight started to climb again, 15 pounds came back in only 6 weeks, and all the while, i was desperately trying to keep the number dropping, not CLIMBING...prolly put my body in starvation mode, i was having headaches, dizzy spells etc. etc....

ANYWAY. started paying attention to the posts about eating back you exercise calories, and was tracking on my own for this last week, even though my "official" mfp start was 3 days ago...

but for the first time in 6 weeks, not only did I not gain, but I lost a pound! (talk about small victories!) *doing the happy dance*

please don't laugh! I was so afraid that it was out of my control...I am hoping this means that I can in fact be IN CONTROL!

Replies

• mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    This is not something to laugh at!!! All of us on here know how hard you had to work for that pound! YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD!!!! I'm glad to hear that you are paying attention to your body and giving it what it needs to be healthy. Proud of you!
  • Laurabetha
    Laurabetha Posts: 15
    Options
    good job! You are taking control and that is NOTHING to laugh about it!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations, that must feel so good :) I hope the rest just keeps coming off for ya. Keep up the hard work!! It'll happen for you.
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    We all work hard for every pound! Your doing great. You know what needs to be done and your doing it :)
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    cool, good job finding you problem and fixing it
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I was super excited when I lost my first pound. Now that 1 pound has turned into 30 and I hv surpassed my weight loss goal. Congrats on taking control....keep up the great work:glasses:
  • veronichorne
    veronichorne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations to you!!!!!!!! First step towards weight loss!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Congratulations to you!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Nobody's laughing!! Congrats on that 1 lb-you worked hard to lose it!!:smile:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My first post on success stories was when I lost 2 lbs and now look at me.

I'm not laughing... I'm very proud of you! You've got this!!!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    how about we laugh with joy at your success :)
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    One pound at a time, girl! No one will be laughing (especially when we lose ounces instead of lbs!) Keep it up and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • 82song
    82song Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Definately not something to laugh at, but something to celebrate! every pound counts, and they will all add up. Congratulations!!! :)
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's nothing to laugh about - it's seriously frustrating not losing or worse, gaining! I ended up gaining 12 lbs of the 22 that I'd lost and I've now lost 2 1/2 of the 12 I gained... so I can understand your excitement!!!! Great job and now that you've started losing again, you can definitely keep it rolling! Those exercise calories are serious - eat them!
  • canoe626
    canoe626 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Any pound gone is a pound closer to your goal!!

Keep doing what you are doing, because it is working!

Yah You!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!