Trouble lossing weight around my middle (belly)

Options
Hi. I have loss about 25 pounds over the course of 5 months. Any suggestions I am having trouble with losing the weight around my stomach. Thank you. I also exercise at least 5 times a week for 50 minutes.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    It will come off wherever your genetics dictate it comes off. All of us have some area that is the last to go. Keep going - when you get close to goal weight it will look better.
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have same problem my best advice is to increase cardio while still doing light weights and abdominal exercised and watch salt intake its usually the last to go especially if you have had children
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    diet, diet, diet. You can be successful losing weight without cardio and weight lifting. But you cant out train a bad diet. Lock in nutrition and stay strong mentally, we all are rooting for your success.

good luck to you cutenecey and enjoy the journey!
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP. I've lost over 40 pounds and I've gone down in pants size, but the weight is definitely coming off my stomach the slowest. As other posters have said, you can't spot reduce and the fat comes off where it comes off. For me, I'm continuing to eat at a deficit and doing some ab exercise (mostly planks) and hopefully as some more fat comes off, I'll eventually see some muscle definition underneath. Good luck!
  • cutenecey
    cutenecey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help.
  • seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Walk. Walking is the most effective to belly fat weight loss. It is a fat burning exercise and targets the belly the best.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Walk. Walking is the most effective to belly fat weight loss. It is a fat burning exercise and targets the belly the best.

I wish! I walk a lot, and this is not true for me. My belly is fighting me every step of the way.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

I wish! I walk a lot, and this is not true for me. My belly is fighting me every step of the way.

I know if this were true I'd have the flattest tummy. I walk a lot and more and more as the weather improves. My pooch is the only thing that remains and the link that was provided a couple posts ^^^ above ^^^ is the only thing that works.
  • emerrywe
    emerrywe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pilates does wonders for elongating the torso and defining the waist. It won't get rid of the fat any faster, but I find strengthening the core and improving my posture has increased my satisfaction with my belly as I toohave stubborn belly fat.
  • RobBasss
    RobBasss Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    212->147 at my best and still had a flabby midsection... people keep telling me diet and weights...
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Right?

Agreed with everyone who said keep up with the calorie deficit. You cannot spot reduce (we need that on a shirt...)