Tips on losing 2lb a week?

Options
Hi, if anyone has any tips on losing 2lb a week I would be extremely grateful! Please comment any ideas that you found helpful as it would really help me reach my ideal weight! Thank you

Replies

• RobBasss
    RobBasss Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you plug in the numbers to MFP, it will tell you how many calories. 1 lb is what is usually recomeneded but if your extremely overweight 2 lbs is doable.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    If you have 75lbs or more to lose, then 2lbs per week is doable for a little while.

We do need more information from you, OP.
  • purotejano44
    purotejano44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose one pounce a week.:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You simply need a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day. For most people, that will work best if you exercise from 60 to 90 minutes per day, so that you can eat a good amount.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hi, if anyone has any tips on losing 2lb a week I would be extremely grateful! Please comment any ideas that you found helpful as it would really help me reach my ideal weight! Thank you

Read these to get you started.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    simply create a 1000 cal deficit daily
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,628 Member
    Options
    Unless you're over 200lbs, losing 2lbs a week may be too aggressive. 1% of your body weight a week is the standard recommendation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png