Cheesecake Factory--Healthy Suggestions???? Help!!!!!

Options
Okay, so today I'm taking my hubby to Cheesecake factory for his BDAY, and I want to make the healthiest&tastiest choice possible.....any suggestions MFP??? Thanks in advance for your support!

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Last time I went there....I opted for the Fresh Grilled Salmon and Asparagus.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    grilled fresh fish with the broccoli and the sauteed snow peas. i used to wait tables at a ccf. there weren't too many healthy options then but the fish wasn't bad :) hope that helps!
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    I know they have a yummy salad with black beans, almonds and spinach though! I got it without dressing. Just read the ingredients, it is a pretty detailed menu!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think I would get whatever I liked off the menu - and then cut it in half (or maybe even thirds!) and take the leftovers home for another meal. I go out to eat so infrequently, that when I do go I usually go ahead and splurge and get something I'll really enjoy eating. Cheesecake Factory portions are HUGE, so you should have no trouble feeling sated by a third to a half of a meal. :-)
  • capNramsey
    capNramsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ah the Cheesecake Factory. I know the last time I went there they had weight management salads. Salads are usually safe as long as you order them without any fatty toppings (fried chinese noodles, tortilla strips, croutons, cheese). And also order the dressing on the side and try to get a low-fat dressing. I had a friend who also got salmon there and that was good. You can also always split a meal with someone or eat half and take the other half home. Some restaurants also will serve lunch half portions at dinner. Cheesecake Factory doesn't post their stats on their website, but I did find this site: http://www.cheesecakefactorynutrition.com/restaurant-nutrition-chart.php? or you can browse for cheesecake factory on mfp. It is okay if you indulge a little and the best option for doing that is just eating half of your meal.
  • divalovely
    divalovely Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Wow! I love this link, it helped so much....thanks....Im going to choose the Simply Grilled Salmon and Sauteed Spinach:) NO BREADBASKET!! Lol
  • divalovely
    Options
    Last time I went there....I opted for the Fresh Grilled Salmon and Asparagus.

Yep I'm havin the Simply Grilled Salmon and sauteed spinach...may have the asparagus too....love it!! Thanks
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As far as suggestions....there are a lot of meals that are under 600 calories on the menu; however, if that is too much of a test of strength, another suggestion is the half-sies rule: just eat half of what you would normally eat (it is always good to practice leaving half on your plate).
    Here is the half-sies rule:
    1)Instead of having 4 pieces of bread, I have two
    2) Instead of eating a whole meal, I eat 1/2 (half of burger and fries, half of a spaghetti plate, half of a quesadilla, etc)
    3) Then I normally eat a couple of bites of someone else's meal
    4) Drink WATER
    5) Eat half of a piece a cheesecake (usually share with someone else)

You must order a meal you believe that you could only eat half of without testing your strength to much; for instance, I love chicken fingers, pizza, and mozzarella sticks. I am probably better of not ordering them, because it would be painful for me to even leave a drop on my plate.

You will come out over your calories for that day.....there is no question, but instead of setting yourself back 3+ lbs the next day, you only gain 1-2 lbs and you can get rid of it in 1-2 days. Also, if don't skip out on your usual exercise routine it won't be as bad.

When you get stronger mentally (I am not there yet), I would suggest sticking to the low calorie meals or making your own combinations: salmon, rice, sauteed spinach or white chicken chili...etc.

The main issue is...don't feel guilty. There are several days out of the year that you will potentially go over calories....Christmas, Thanksgiving, Your birthday, His Birthday, etc. Look at a calendar and just make peace with it. Seven days out of a year do not make or break a diet...believe me.

Remember....You are not going to be super strict every day of your life; so plan your "leniency" days along with your regular days.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • divalovely
    Options
    As far as suggestions....there are a lot of meals that are under 600 calories on the menu; however, if that is too much of a test of strength, another suggestion is the half-sies rule: just eat half of what you would normally eat (it is always good to practice leaving half on your plate).
    Here is the half-sies rule:
    1)Instead of having 4 pieces of bread, I have two
    2) Instead of eating a whole meal, I eat 1/2 (half of burger and fries, half of a spaghetti plate, half of a quesadilla, etc)
    3) Then I normally eat a couple of bites of someone else's meal
    4) Drink WATER
    5) Eat half of a piece a cheesecake (usually share with someone else)

You must order a meal you believe that you could only eat half of without testing your strength to much; for instance, I love chicken fingers, pizza, and mozzarella sticks. I am probably better of not ordering them, because it would be painful for me to even leave a drop on my plate.

You will come out over your calories for that day.....there is no question, but instead of setting yourself back 3+ lbs the next day, you only gain 1-2 lbs and you can get rid of it in 1-2 days. Also, if don't skip out on your usual exercise routine it won't be as bad.

When you get stronger mentally (I am not there yet), I would suggest sticking to the low calorie meals or making your own combinations: salmon, rice, sauteed spinach or white chicken chili...etc.

The main issue is...don't feel guilty. There are several days out of the year that you will potentially go over calories....Christmas, Thanksgiving, Your birthday, His Birthday, etc. Look at a calendar and just make peace with it. Seven days out of a year do not make or break a diet...believe me.

Remember....You are not going to be super strict every day of your life; so plan your "leniency" days along with your regular days.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks for the "halfsies rules":) I will incorporate that when sharing birthday cheesecake with my hubby:)