Introducing Myself-Looking for New Friends

Options
shenson0504
shenson0504 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Sofie. I'm 31 years old and I have struggled with my weight all my life. My brother and I are the only members of the family who are overweight. I constantly see my room mate eating junk and bringing it in the house which is a huge struggle. Once I reached a size 24, I pretty much gave up and just gave in to all the junk and quit making any kind of effort to control my weight.

Recently, my brother was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes which was a big wake up call for me as well. I visited the doctor and was shocked when the scale read 320 while I'm only 5'3. I'm embarrassed and disappointed with myself that I let it get to this point. Surgery isn't an option since I have no insurance. So, I am determined to make this work the natural way.

I could definitely use friends, encouragement, and good vibes!

Replies

• goolhc
    goolhc Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The good thing is that you realize it is not too late to work yourself. You will find a of people over here that strugle with the same issues. I try to loose 100lbs, some people in my family have issues with heart diseases. So i realize i must work to loose the overweight
  • SMGMama3
    SMGMama3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this!!! It is not too late to make changes. I sent you a friend request. Always looking to support and get support.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hi Sofie! You can do this you really can. We're all here to support you.