Gaining 6lbs in 2 weeks

Options
ehte_h
ehte_h Posts: 269 Member
How many more times can I believe that 'i've gained water weight'? Or put on muscle? really? I've lost 10lbs in 10 weeks, and then gained 6 of them back over the last 2 weeks.. Something must be going wrong somewhere

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Sodium and Water....

You only gain about 1 pound of muscle a month (per body builders that I know). Take your measurements....Its the only true indicator.
  • Mahhafooznit
    Mahhafooznit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Never jump on the scale if you had a high sodium day. the night before jumping on the scale drink lots of water to flush your system. after the morning washroom break before eating anything then weigh yourself.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself? I lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks and then gained it all back, but I didn't gain back ANY inches. I find measuring myself a much better gauge than the scale.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    I had a similar thing happen to me and I didnt understand it. Recently I re-evaluated things.

If you go under 'reports' on here and then 'nutrition' it will display your calories in a graph for you to see. Basically, The days I had gone over my calories outweighed the days I had stayed on track-which I didn't realize. May be worth having a look?

Also going over your saturated fat will lead to weight gain, even if you are eating the recommended calories.
  • suzitkd
    suzitkd Posts: 110
    Options
    Ehte when you work muscle hard it causes tiny micro tears; the mucles then 'hold on' to lots of water whilst they repair these tears. Especially if you're quite muscly already this can mean A LOT of water retention - and I know that you've been doing a lot of hard work lately! I'm guessing that your clothes may be telling you what your scales are not - you are burning fat, but your muscles are hanging on to that water! Have you taken a rest day lately? If not, give yourself a day off, make sure you drink plenty of water - and within a couple of days I'm guessing you'll see a sudden shift in those scales! The others are right - go by the tape measure - it doesn't lie! You can of course also be gaining muscle on top of retaining water, though it does take a bit longer to build muscle. Keep at it, you're doing really well!

One other note, I know that you are fasting at the moment which is going to be doing all manner of strange things to your body! Be kind to yourself at this time - I wouldn't think any high cardio work would be a good idea whilst you're fasting (I've had people faint in front of me at TaeKwon-Do because they haven't eat yet, not good!) so if you're still going to exercise whilst fasting keep it to low fat burning!
  • ehte_h
    ehte_h Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement everyone!

I'll be fasting next month :)