canned chicken

Options
sarahbrumberg
sarahbrumberg Posts: 5 Member
anyone have any good recipes besides chicken salad that uses canned chicken?

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I use 2 10oz cans of chicken instead of the shredded chicken and leave off the blue cheese topping.

http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip-RE1242-1
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    quesadillas, fried rice, chicken soup
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Following as my husband loves the stuff, and I have no idea what to do with it besides add mayo etc.
  • gschnitzler
    gschnitzler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use canned chicken and Flatout wraps to make all kinds of quesadilla-type meals. Spray one side of the Flatout with cooking spray, put that side down on a pan, lay toppings on half. Fold the other half over the top and cook until the "guts" get warm & melty. Flip it to grill the other side just a bit. I've done many variations of this. Pepperoni Pizza: pizza sauce, mozzarella, turkey pepperoni. BBQ Chicken Pizza: bbq sauce, chicken, 2 strips precooked bacon, mozzarella. Hawaiian Pizza: pizza sauce, canadian bacon, pineapple, mozzarella. Quesadillas: chicken, cheese, chopped green onoin (top with fat free sour cream & salsa). Low cal, decent protein, yummy!
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Keep 'em coming. This is awesome.
  • sarahbrumberg
    sarahbrumberg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    anyone try any pasta recipes with it?
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It's good as an ingredient in soups, like chicken, white bean, and kale soup.
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Yes, sub it for tuna is most casseroles. Or try it in this one...

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/09/easy-one-pot-no-knife-lighter-tuna-noodle-casserole-recipe.html
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I was buying canned chicken and the cashier asked "are you making chicken salad?" to which I answered "no, my dog has an upset tummy."
  • brewgirl68
    brewgirl68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used canned chicken fairly regularly, usually in casseroles, soups, stir fry, and as a protein on salads (but drain it really well to put on salad). Tonight I was tired and didn't feel like going to the grocery store, so I cobbled together a dinner of what I had in the pantry: a package of Zero Noodles shiritake noodles, 4 oz canned chicken, 1 small can of sliced mushrooms, handful of frozen broccoli, handful of fresh cauliflower. Pan fried it all with a little soy sauce and some minced ginger...delicious, filling, quick and easy, and super low carb/fat/cal. I use fresh chicken as much as I can, but I keep canned chicken on hand simply because I can get dinner on the table very quickly with canned chicken as it's already cooked and chopped.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I do a can of chicken, healthy dose of Frank's Red Hot, handful of spinach and noodles over heat to make a great hot pasta salad. I usually drizzle blue cheese dressing over the top (Walden Farms).