Just ran my first 5k!!

Options
Me and my mom ran a 5k! We finised the race in 36 minutes, but it took about 10 minutes to even reach the starting line beacause of all the people, and then having to navigate through all the people. So subtracting that we figure its about 26minutes at the most so we did at least a 10 minute mile!!

Replies

• madmisskelly
    Options
    Me and my mom ran a 5k! We finised the race in 36 minutes, but it took about 10 minutes to even reach the starting line beacause of all the people, and then having to navigate through all the people. So subtracting that we figure its about 26minutes at the most so we did at least a 10 minute mile!!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good Work, now you probably will get the bug:tongue::tongue:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Well done! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:
  • madmisskelly
    Options
    I know! I may just start getting addicted. I feel like I could go run again right now/
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thats great!
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    AWESOME!!! That is so great! :flowerforyou:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Yes, they are addicting! :laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great I want to do that. they have on in April here.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! How long have you been running? I am training for a mini in April.
  • madmisskelly
    Options
    I run every day. I usually walk half of it though. The only reason I did this one was because my uncle was supposed to go with my mom but he got sick, so I went instead. Sooo glad I did. Ive been running since I was like, 15, o 3 years!
  • bigmommaob
    Options
    That's so encouraging! I used to run in high school, 5K and 10K I'd love to go right now, except I'd probably have a heart attack. Maybe in a few months I'll be posting that I got fit enough to run a 5K. You should be very proud of yourself!