Lost 20 lbs in 2 months

Options
Hello everyone! Curious to know has anyone lost 20 lbs in 2 months?

Can I achieve it? Is it a realistic goal?

I currently weigh 215 lbs and hope to get down to 195 lbs in 2 months!

Replies

• missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Safe and healthy weight loss is generally no more than two pounds per week.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It is a very aggressive goal. But try and see how you will do you are certain to end up better then you are now. But define success even if don't make 20 lbs .
    Fyi I started February 25 at 214 and today I weigh 198 so 16lbs down in 2 months. Not quite 20 but a huge improvement
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It may or may not be possible. It depends on your weight, height, whether or not you are just starting out losing weight, and the food you eat.

In general, I am not a fan of time-based weight loss goals but I did lose my first 19.5 lbs in about two months.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 25 lbs in my first two and half months of dieting and exercise. I was eating like 1600-1800 calories and getting about 30-45 minutes of cardio and then weight lifting in 4-5 days per week. But keep in mind, I did weigh 280 lbs, and bigger people tend to lose weight faster at first.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Many people initially lose a fee added lbs from water weight. That plus 2 lbs a week for 2 months can make 20 total.
    Not unheard of or unhealthy.
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Curious to know has anyone lost 20 lbs in 2 months?

Can I achieve it? Is it a realistic goal?

I currently weigh 215 lbs and hope to get down to 195 lbs in 2 months!
    Yes i think you definitely can because 2 years ago i started at 187 and lost 11 pounds first month 9 pounds 2nd month 7 pounds 3rd month ... etc. because i started off heavy of course if your starting weight is like 150 or less i dont think itll be easy nor healthy... eventually as i got lighter the pounds got off slower .So yah i think u can assuming your over 200 to begin with ... usually the begining is the fastest and easiest due to water weight loss... THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.. good luck!!!

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It could be possible if you're just starting. Your initial drop will be fairly big compared to the rest of your weight loss journey. However, I would encourage you to keep the weight loss goal but drop the deadline. Weight loss cam be challenging enough without adding pressure on yourself to it. You didn't gain it in a day...you won't lose it in a day. Patience will be your best friend in this process. :) Good luck!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    keep the weight loss goal but drop the deadline.

This is huge and I agree with it.

However, it certainly is reasonable to lose that. If you do the process right and can handle the 2 pounds/week deficit (-1000 cals/day), it can happen. A deadline only gives you an excuse to abandon this early, which for most, would be a big mistake. The habits you form while doing this should carryover past your weight loss goal.

• fitnesschickmfp
    fitnesschickmfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys and congratulations to those of you who have lost weight! Good luck! X