Best walking shoes?

Options
I'm in need of new shoes. I'm normally a lover of Asics, but my shins aren't happy lately. Any suggestions?

Replies

• scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The ones that fit you the best
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i love sketchers for walking
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Walking or hiking? I don't have walking shoes as such but my Salomon X-Ultra boots are excellent.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If you are having issues go to a good sporting equipment store that has people trained to help with this. I just bought the Asics GT-2000's and am pretty happy with them but for the last few years all of my running shoes were Mizuno.
    I usually go to Gazelle Sporting goods and they will have me walk and run a bit to see my gait. I always end up in a stability shoe since I over pronate and have had issues with plantar fasciaitis.
  • MsWatchMeGo
    MsWatchMeGo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Heading to the specialty shoe store after work!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    The ones that fit YOU best and don't cause YOU any pain. Little bit like asking what is the best way to cook a steak. ;-)

Ask questions at the store, like: "Why are THESE the best for me?" If they can't answer, you might need to go to a real runner's shoe store.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    A strong, supportive shoe with a steel shank or extra-thick sole. Not cheap sneakers.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I don't run much, but walk a lot. I went to a running store to get fitted. It did make a big difference. Foot pain and lower back pain our gone.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i love sketchers for walking

Seconded. My husband randomly brought me home a pair of Skechers for walking a couple of weeks ago. I was dubious, especially since I hadn't even tried them on, but they're actually pretty comfy and have great support.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    If you are having issues go to a good sporting equipment store that has people trained to help with this. I just bought the Asics GT-2000's and am pretty happy with them but for the last few years all of my running shoes were Mizuno.
    I usually go to Gazelle Sporting goods and they will have me walk and run a bit to see my gait. I always end up in a stability shoe since I over pronate and have had issues with plantar fasciaitis.

Best answer.

Find a locally recommended running shoe store that has trained personnel who can analyze your gait and fit you in the best shoe for your chosen activity.

Personally I used to be a New Balance guy, but after multiple design changes and my shifting goals I run on Brooks Adrenaline.

Once you find a great shoe - wait to find these on sale when the model year circulates and buy as many as you can. I'll snatch up enough to carry me through a few seasons when this happens.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I've been buying New Balance. The last pair I bought was one of their hiking shoe styles. They are great for walking.
  • KezMorris
    KezMorris Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pairs of Skechers but lately have been experiencing some foot pain..turns out ive learnt that Skechers only have a life span of about 6-700 km or 3 months..ive crossed over to something with alot more support